Menu mouse speed / cinema screen options

Homepage Forums Technical Support Menu mouse speed / cinema screen options

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nilez
    Participant

will do, got another question while I got your attention :D

when I bring up the vorpx menu ingame with [del] my mouse moves painstakingly slow and short distance, while it moves normal ingame it didn’t use to do this.

Any idea what causes/fixes this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The menu mouse speed is hardwired, no way to change it, sorry.

I’m curious though whether this only applies to one game, or do you have this in every game? Also are you maybe just using a rather fast mouse speed normally so that it just seems slow in comparison to what you are used to?

I’m not suggesting anything, just wondering since noone ever mentioned that so far and I also use the menu quite often myself.

nilez
    Participant

absolutely love witcher 3 + immersive cinema btw really good

nilez
    Participant

it moved at normal speed before update now its like 10% of normal mouse speed I used to use ingame menu a lot sec ill test with other game

Ralf
    Keymaster

Odd, I’ll add a menu mouse speed option for the next vorpX version early next year.

If you play Witcher 3, you will love the hotfix that will come in half an hour even more, I guess. It fixes a Geometry 3D glitch with grass and other objects being rendered at the wrong depth.

Check the forum for an announcement thread.

nilez
    Participant

yeh getting it in all games just tested it.

also performance seem to have significantly increased did you do that or am I imagining things?

I was using znormal actually was working fine for me but ill try g3d after hotfix :D

nilez
    Participant

before it often failed to hook witcher requiring task manager close process and some restarts now it seems to hook 100% I’m impressed so far

nilez
    Participant

also theres no way to go full black background in immersive cinema right ?
    I could get used to the color bleed but Id prefer full black I think

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, can’t really say anything profound in regard to what might cause that TBH, but I’ll add the speed slider mentioned above to the config app for the next official version (not todays hotfix though).

BTW: you can also use the menu with the cursor keys and [ENTER] or a gamepad.

Background:

The ‘Immersive Screen Mode’ UI is kept to a minimum on purpose. You can however setup the normal cinema mode pretty much the same way if you want to customize, including switching the backgound to black.

nilez
    Participant

I don’t think theres an option to get a similar curve Id really like that, if at some point you could add that to normal cinema to id be super happy.

you can add curve but the normal cinema vertical curve is much smaller then the immersive cinema one

Ralf
    Keymaster

if the curvature option is not there per default (can’t remember), enabling “Expert Settings” in the config app should enable it. I’m 98% certain that there is no major difference between the two screens technically.

nilez
    Participant

all options are there I somehow missed it nevermind me I can edit the curve strength in normal cinema

something unrelated but I just found

In witcher my left alt key was not working anymore to dodge, it was doing a heavy attack (which I did not have bound to any specific key but was shift+left mouse click)

when I try to rebind the key in the game menu and I press left alt it does not read a key input. Rebinding dodge to a different button makes it work it will not work with left alt.

I then loaded up fallout 3 to see if it had a similar issue or was witcher related left alt produces the O output. I can press it to bind and the game will register O.

Is left alt key somehow used by vorpx and not usuable as a keybind ingame?
    I checked the vorpx keybind menus but left alt does not seem to be used anywhere on its own (I know alt+space is recenter)

I just bound dodge to left ctrl for now instead and that works fine

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, the left ALT key is blocked since this release on purpose. It is used for almost all default vorpX keyboard shortcuts, which could cause issues in several games.

nilez
    Participant

ok cool thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!