Metro 2033 Redux – Index Problems

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro 2033 Redux – Index Problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

Hi :)

Today I wanted to go back and try Metro 2033 on the index, after I have tried a few games with vorpx and got very good results.
    But it runs very poorly, like 20-30 fps… The screen moves really funky.
    The hud is too much on the right side, I can´t nearly see it and the menu for choosing gear or weapons is right in my face and I can´t adjust it in the vorpx menu.
    Before this test I played it on a Rift cv1 and had no problems.

slydk1982
    Participant

Anything on this::

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to reset the profile to default in the config app. The HUD and everything else is handled the same way with an Index as it is with a Rift.

slydk1982
    Participant

So I deleted the vorpx cfg file and reset the metro profile, to make sure everthing got a fresh start.
    The menu for weapons and gear seems to work now, but in g3d mode the screen still moves really bad and it does not feel good. Z3d and Z3d-ap works good, but its not as immersive as g3d.
    I have set my index to run 120hz, is that bad?? And don´t know if g3d profile for Metro redux is a bit broken on the index.

Ralf
    Keymaster

G3D parameters are exactly the same for each headset. It is technically impossible for G3D to be broken on one headset but not on another one. Either it works or it doesn’t, does not depend on the headset in any way.

slydk1982
    Participant

Then I don´t why it runs this bad on the index and not on my rift.

dborosev
    Participant

Looks like there may possibly be a bug also with the new Exodus update that doesn’t allow z-normal profiles to work, just G3D. At least, I can’t get it to work, but I’ll play with it a bit.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem here in a brief test. I’ll check a bit more thorough later.

Please try the usual supects: resetting the graphics settings to default, NOT disabling vorpX DirectVR auto settings, enabling/disabling AA.

dborosev
    Participant

Sorry just realized I posted an Exodus bug in the Redux thread. (hopefully you noticed that)
    Haven’t had a chance to look into it deep, but its likely a game setting or something if it works for Ralf. I’ll try a bunch of stuff and see. I’ve noticed that Exodus loves to reset all my game settings every time it does an update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to clarify: I noticed that you meant Exodus and checked the latest Exodus version.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!