Metro 2033 Redux

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro 2033 Redux

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

Could someone else check and see if they can get into the actual game? VorpX hooks, and the HMD displays the intro video, but the game crashes when the menu loads. I tried in Admin mode, and loaded the game without VorpX (it ran fine). If someone could get back to me and let me know if you’re having a similar problem. If not, then it’s just me! Lol, thanks! =)

dellrifter22
    Participant

Mine was crashing the same.

By restoring pre-vorpX settings, disabling vorpX optimization, and creating a fresh cfg, I was able to load into the game.

rename/delete user.cfg in both:
    C/Users/yourname/Appdata/locale/4Agames/Metro 2033/manynumbers/User.cfg
    and Steam\SteamApps\common\Metro 2033 Redux\user.cfg

This will create a new cfg upon launch.

Might just be a bug with vorpX optimizer that a game update broke.

Now I need to figure out why all my keybinds are unassigned.

zahncisten
    Participant

Thanks for the instructions! I’m sort of getting ready for the new Metro Exodus, and thought it would be awesome (!) to play the Metro Games to get ready in VorpX, lol. I appreciate the help.

zahncisten
    Participant

@Ralf could you take a look at Metro 2033 Redux? Seems like it shouldn’t be this complicated. I’m sure you’re busy making VorpX awesome in other ways, but when you have time, please.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Checked it last week when I saw the thread, but couldn’t replicate the issue.

If you haven’t done so already, trying again with 18.3.1 is worth a shot. It contains a fix for a obscure D3D11 crash issue that happend semi randomly with Fallout 76. With some luck your Metro Redux issue might be the same.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!