Metro Last Light – Epic store

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro Last Light – Epic store

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Hi vorpX-ers,
    So, Metro Last Light is free on the epic store, I thought of play test it tonight, the vorpX profile works but not fully, has anyone tried it and can share some wisdom?

Head tracking works but after using Direct VR scan, seems like the FOV fails and it all gets distorted and it’s not playable.
    I’m wondering if Steam version is the same.

I’ve tried forcing FOV to the .cfg file, plus forced 4:3 resolution but it still fails. Tried using letterbox 1, 2… same

Thank you,
    VRan

VRan
    Participant

Fixed it, figured out how to tweak the FOV in a hidden .cfg file 👍
    Works nice now

VRan
    Participant

Here is a video I’ve made, explaining the tweaks

Ogrescar
    Participant

You alternately refer to the game as Metro Last Light, Metro Redaux (spelling?), and Metro Final Light (doesn’t exist)? Maybe there’s something I didn’t see because I just skimmed through the vid.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the video!

vorpX is supposed to make the FOV .ini modification automatically, but for some reason the Epic store version uses a different .ini path than the Steam version unfortunately. I’ll look into that for the next vorpX update.

VRan
    Participant

It is Metro Redux, apologies, it is called – Metro Final Light Redux

VRan
    Participant

Yes, the epic store one has the configuration file that stores the FOV value in a different location (almost hidden and deceiving tbh), that is the reason I made the video, so that people can take advantage of the free game and play it the way every game should be played…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!