Miasmata and Mirrors Edge crash

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Miasmata and Mirrors Edge crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leonvancecarter
    Participant

So when I go to play either Miasmata or Mirrors Edge from steam, with vorpx on they crash. This seems to happen with any setup in the general vorpx configuration and works fine without vorpx on. I have the DK2 and it works alright with other games like portal and oblivion. Can anyone give me a hint as to how to fix this? Thanks.

redbaron1946
    Participant

I had the same problem with steam mirrors edge. How I fixed it I would make a shortcut to launch the game and place it in the middle of my desktop. I put my oculus in extended mode on windows. Set vorpx to use system settings. Then I would set the oculus as the main display and try to click on the shortcut to launch the game. It really hard to see on the oculus but I would manage to click it and the game would launch and it seemed to show the game in double screens so I figured out that was due to the settings in mirrors edge I had to set the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 and then it looked great. see if that works

redbaron1946
    Participant

Btw if u still can get anywhere. I would suggest using a non steam copy of the game(buy a Disc or pirate it) it seems to make everything less glitchy. I can use my steam mirrors edge but it crashes randomly sometimes. So I just use a non steam copy now. Im no longer going to buy steam games to use with the oculus dk2.

leonvancecarter
    Participant

Thank you so much, that got mirrors edge to work finally, though it has a really low fps, but I’ll figure it out.

leonvancecarter
    Participant

So for some reason miasmata is working now, in the rift its showing me two screens, its not splitting the images properly, any help? thx

redbaron1946
    Participant

Make sure the resolution it 1920 x 1080 in the game

leonvancecarter
    Participant

Well that fixed that issue, but now theres no text on the UI

leonvancecarter
    Participant

Thats a very odd problem and I might be able to work around it, thanks for the help.

redbaron1946
    Participant

I don’t have that game so I don’t know what to tell you. But ur welcome. Anything to help a fellow rifter. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!