might be getting a vive soon, considering vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion might be getting a vive soon, considering vorpx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DieKatzchen
    Participant

I really, really want to play Warcraft III on a virtual 3D screen. Preferably in what vorpx refers to as G3D. Can anybody confirm for me that it works? I can use tridef to run it in Z3D, but trying to use G3D just results in a 2d image with the camera shifted slightly. If I go back to Windows 7 I can use iz3d, but iz3d refuses to work with the specific combo of Warcraft III and my 3d projector. If it works, I’ll buy it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX works with DX9-DX11 (and older OpenGL) games. I’m not sure what DX version Warcraft III uses, but I’d be surprised if it was DX9 or newer.

DieKatzchen
    Participant

They’ve actually been updating it. It used to use DirectX 8, but some time in the last few patches they changed to DirectX 9.

DieKatzchen
    Participant

Got VR, strongly eyeing Vorpx Can anyone with Warcraft 3 confirm that it works in G3D mode?

DieKatzchen
    Participant

On a related note if I buy Vorpx and later get a new computer, can I transfer my copy of Vorpx to that new computer? Because that was my main complaint about Tridef.

haints
    Participant

On a related note if I buy Vorpx and later get a new computer, can I transfer my copy of Vorpx to that new computer? Because that was my main complaint about Tridef.

My motherboard recently died and I built what was essentially a brand new PC. Emailed Ralph–there is an address just for reinstalling I think–and got a new key and reinstalled that same day. Completely painless.

Tridef is officially dead, in case you didn’t know. You can’t even pay for their software now, and those of us who have paid for it can no longer reinstall if we need to, like me, because it’s impossible to reactivate it. There is an “unoffical” slightly older Tridef version floating around that is still usable, but the future of 3D/VR software now belongs to VorpX.

DieKatzchen
    Participant

Wow, okay. I hadn’t realized they shut down. Bummer. only not so much because they hadn’t updated in ages and forced you to buy a new license every time. Definitely buying vorpx when I get paid next week, then.

RJK_
    Participant

I was going to look if Warcraft 3 can be used with DGVoodoo but i saw a Warcraft 3 Profile under local profiles.

@Ralf
    Since Warcraft 3 is using DX8.1 , which Warcraft 3 exactly does that profile cover ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a leftover from an experiment. Shouldn’t actually be there. IIRC I got it halfway working in OpenGL mode, but trees were rendered at wrong depth during actual gameplay, so it wasn’t usable.

I’ll look into the soon to be released ‘Reforged’ version though when it comes out, which probaly will also have a classic mode.

RJK_
    Participant

I was curoius if DGVoodoo2 can handle this. If anyone wants to play the original , ive uploaded a G3D profile today to the cloud- https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/have-you-gotten-an-unsupported-game-to-work-tell-us-which-one/page/23/#post-176741

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next larger vorpX update in a month or so will come with a fully working OpenGL version for old CD-ROM builds. Rainy sunday last weekend…

The current BattleNet version used by most who still play the game regularly is DX9 though as far as I’m aware.

RJK_
    Participant

I am testing some older profiles right now. Is the warcraft III profile openGL now ? I am asking because i wanted to import my Warcraft3 DGVOOdoo2 profile. VorpX didnt let me so. It says the War3.exe is used, but the import worked a while ago. Did you rename the profiles exe ?

RJK_
    Participant

Ive updated the instuctions and the DGVoodoo2 cloud profile so it can still be used, just in case.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!