Miner in vorpX?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Miner in vorpX?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Harti
    Participant

Today I had a problem with avira Antivirus, when vorpx asked me if it should update a game profile database:
    “vorpControl64.dat containing the pattern of PUA/BitCoinMiner.Gen7 (Cloud)”- the file was blocked – and gone. So I had to reinstall vorpX (but first I had to reboot)

At the moment I am trying to find out how to stop avira to remove this file.

/Harti

Ralf
    Keymaster

False positive as usual.

Either report the issue as false positive to your AV vendor so they can fix their problem, exclude the vorpX program folder or get rid of that AV program. Windows 10 comes with its own AV solution Windows Defender, invasive third party AV isn’t really required with Windows 10.

Windows Defender kicks in when you remove third party AV. In most recent tests Defender is on par with the major third party AV programs while usually causing less hassle. As a bonus unlike others Microsoft always reacted super-fast in the past when there was a false positive detection.

Harti
    Participant

Yes, I’m also thinking it is a false alarm and I added vorpX to the directory exceptions of Avira

VorpX and Avira do not get along fine, but now: everything including Steam ESO is working :)
    /Harti

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!