Mirrored image on pc screen.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mirrored image on pc screen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Vorpx creates a mirrored image on my pc screen, which is very nice for a lot of reasons. I saw the feature in the old vorpx, but it seemed to a be a bit of a gamble, if it was working or not. Is it more stable this time around or have I just been lucky?

alegse
    Participant

I noticed the same thing. It was considered to decrease FPS back in the day and was usually disabled in options if possible.
    The game on screen is nice for other people to see what you are doing or to see what is going on when you take the headset off and it seems to work perfectly now. I hope it is not decreasing performance in any way (I see no obvious drop in FPS).

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no performance impact of the mirror view unless VSync is active. if it is, vorpX is supposed to show a warning now, but to be extra sure you can manually force it off in your graphics driver control panel. Can’t hurt.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Doesn’t skyrim always have vsync on?

Ralf
    Keymaster

For one vorpX now always tries to disable it regardless of what a game wants to do, then you can always override it in your graphics driver control panel, and even if none of that should be enough for Skyrim, which I can’t remember right now, vorpX changes the according ini setting with the Game Settings Optimizer.

I guess I will just bring back the no-mirror option with the next vorpX version. As it turns out not having it causes just as much confusion as having it.

prinyo
    Participant

That’s good new :-)

I have a stupid reason for not liking it – it switches resolutions and messes up the positions of the icons on the desktop. It is amazing that for so many years now MS can’t find a solution for this problem.

alegse
    Participant

For skyrim disable vsync with
    ipresentinterval=0
    in the ini file

Having the mirror screen on the monitor is a great option but nice to have an off switch for those who may not want it for whatever reason.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX already applies that tweak when you use the Game Optimizer for Skyrim. But that’s not even necessary as I just tested with a fresh, untouched .ini file. vorpX’s new internal VSync handling alone works perfectly fine for the game.

But I guess you are right. I’m always keen to remove options that aren’t really necessary to make things simpler. And while this one indeed isn’t really necessary anymore, it will still be back with the next update for those who want to use it.

bjr84
    Participant

Hey Ralf. Can you share how to turn off the mirrored image? I cant seem to find it!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This option is no longer available since about four years or so. Wasn’t really a good idea. Presenting the original image does not have any negative effect on performance, skipping it on the other hand caused timing issues in a handful of games.

bjr84
    Participant

Cool, thank you :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!