Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst ?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Does it work with the mirrors edge profile ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not, the original Mirror’s Edge used an entirely different 3D-engine. I think someone posted about Catlyst not too long ago though. Not 100% sure, but worth to check the cloud profiles in the config app for an user profile.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Btw,Mirrors edge looks and plays terrific.

jjensson
    Participant

Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst uses the Frostbyte Engine.

I assumed that VorpX has a profile for this game. Does it not? That would be very disappointing, because it’s a beautiful experience. And i planned to play it in VorpX in the next months…

Ralf
    Keymaster

If there is no official profile for a game and you can’t find a user profile in the cloud either, you can always try to make your own. The basics are fairly easy. You just have to make a copy of another profile and apply the game’s .exe to your copy. Ideally the source profile should be based on the same graphics engine to macimize the chance that your user profile works as intended.

For additional information on the matter including more advanced user authoring options check the ‘User Profiles’ section in the help.

jjensson
    Participant

I’ve always assumed that one has to have “shader knowledge” etc to make things work when “misusing” a profile for another game…

I will definitely try to get Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and SOMA to run – games that are dear to my heart, and they use very popular engines. In the next weeks, i suppose. Wish me luck. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are several levels of complexity at which you can work with user profiles.

1. The most basic form of creating a custom profile is just copying an existing one, ideally from a game using the same engine, which with some luck can already yield passable results. With Z3D profiles you would already be done after this, except maybe for HUD shader definitions.
    2. The next ‘level’ is working with the shader authoring UI in vorpX to fix/disable offending effects or define HUD elements. That’s still fairly easy, everyone can do that. A short introduction is available in the vorpX help under ‘UserProfiles’.
    3. The most advanced method would be to fix individual shaders by re-programming them, which indeed requires a fairly high level of knowledge. That is still in early stages anyway and not really an official feature yet.

With 1. and 2. you can already achieve most of what vorpX does in official profies except adding DirectVR functionality and potential game specific ‘hacks’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!