Mirror's Edge Probelms

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mirror's Edge Probelms

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EvanB
    Participant

The game launches in SBS mode, but it’s constantly flashing, has no overlay, and in game is just a solid colour screen other than the menus. Anyone have any luck with this so far? I’ve tried optimizing through vorpx config already.

EvanB
    Participant

Also wish I could change that typo in the title xD Ah well.

EvanB
    Participant

Worth noting that if anything effects the screen, I can momentarily see the game properly. Such as taking damage, falling, slow mo, slow mo regen etc.

Laser
    Participant

Yes I got it working, like other games, didn’t really do anything special, just activated the profile in vorpX. But the performance isn’t good, I dropped everything to minimum and still can’t get 75fps so until they release better drivers for oculus I don’t think this gets a lot of game time from me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Works fine here using the Rift as secondary display and forcing output to the Rift through the vorpX config app (tested with DK2). ME is one of the usual test cases here.

Just in case: Please check whether there is a d3d9.dll in your ME folder. Might be the case if used other stereo drivers.

The game is for vr-pros only btw. due to pretty heavy head bobbing. Makes many people nauseous fast.

EvanB
    Participant

I did think of that Ralif [other .dlls] but forgot to validate the game after. Looks like it works now. I got Dead Island Riptide working with z-Normal too, after cranking the FOV through the roof. Thanks!

RicksonNL
    Participant

When using Vorpx for Mirror’s Edge I see stuttering when I move my head. I have turned down all the settings for video in the ME menu, but that doesn’t help. It is worse in 3D geometry mode, but also there in Z-adaptive and Z-normal mode. I have a i4670K and R9 290, other games work fine. Any help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This probably is an issue with conflicting refresh rates, similar to what many native demos show when running in extended mode. You can try the following things:

1. Enable Vsync if disabled.
    2. Setting the DK2 to the same refresh rate that your monitor runs with
    3. Using the DK2 as primary display (don’t forget to switch vorpX to “Use system settings” in that case.
    4. Using the DK2 a only monitor

The game it itself is fast enough to run smoothly on almost any PC with vorpX.

RicksonNL
    Participant

Thanks for your answers Ralf:

1. Vsync was enabled both in the game as in catalyst control center already
    2. Yes, this solves the problem with stutter/ judder, but of course creates the problem of motion blur, which is not as bad, but still not really playable in my eyes. I set the Rift display to 60 Hz.
    I also tried to set my monitor to 75 Hz, which worked at 1440 x 900, but that didn’t help, the stutter/ judder remains the same.
    3. Already tried that, doesn’t seem to make a difference
    4. Tried that, no difference

Do you have any other suggestions perhaps?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!