MMB needs to be remappable to keyboard hotkey

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion MMB needs to be remappable to keyboard hotkey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vang
    Participant

Is anyone else running into problems with using MMB for edge peek?

For example: In Skyrim, when I hold down MMB to scan over to a menu, I cannot Left Click any menu items until I let go of the MMB.

This has the unfortunate effect that I have to “line up” a click, then blind click it as it zooms off the screen (let go of MMB and click LMB), then re-edge peek and pan back to the menu for the next click. Super PIA way to click through menus, obviously.

I don’t believe there’s currently a way to remap MMB for edge peek, so I thought I’d mention it. I did a brief forum text search, and did not see this issue raised yet, so apologies if I’m restarting another thread I missed.

DickDastardly
    Participant

Whilst I agree that it would be nice to be able to remap hotkeys, the specific problem you’re having can be avoided by toggling edge peek mode (by clicking the MMB rather than holding it down i.e click MMB to activate edge peek, mouse over the menu item you want and LMB click it then click MMB to deactivate edge peek).
    Cheers,
    DD

Vang
    Participant

Whilst I agree that it would be nice to be able to remap hotkeys, the specific problem you’re having can be avoided by toggling edge peek mode (by clicking the MMB rather than holding it down i.e click MMB to activate edge peek, mouse over the menu item you want and LMB click it then click MMB to deactivate edge peek).<br>
    Cheers,<br>
    DD

Huh, good point, I’ll try that. I think another problem that still wouldn’t help is in Skyrim there are several “hidden hard keymappings” one of those is unfortunately MMB = use item when you bring up the inventory.

Letting the user softmap the edge peek key is probably the only solution that would work for any given quirky gaming situation that may come up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Remapping of the middle mouse button will be possible in the next update. Actually it isn’t really hardcoded in a strict sense already, so the re-mapping option is easy to add.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!