MOD VISOR 90º FOV @ 135º FOV (Change screen angles)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion MOD VISOR 90º FOV @ 135º FOV (Change screen angles)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous VR
    Participant

Hello Ralf, I have been a user of your VorpX application for a long time, the truth is that your application has given me very good gaming times, thanks for this great program.

I am making a MOD to a viewer, the viewer has a FOV of 90º degrees and I have managed to have 135º degrees simply by tilting its screens a little, like the Pimax viewers.

You can see the MOD on the Realovirtual community website here:

https://www.realovirtual.com/foro/topic/51245/mod-visor-vr-los-90o-fov-135o-fov-anonymous-vr

Due to the modification, when I run VorpX the images on the screen are crossed, the ends of the screens cross each other.

I can use VorpX in extended display and work around a bit with IPD adjustment and lens correction options, the image is not perfect but I can use it, the problem is head movement not working when in extended mode.

I’m wondering if there is a way to rotate the screens when I’m running VorpX from SteamVR?

The option to curve the screen is not a solution, I need to be able to rotate the screens in your application, can you help me?

If someone has a solution to the problem, do not hesitate to share it, the community will appreciate it.

Thanks for your attention

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t really say anything useful to that question. You would have to implement some intermediate layer between vorpX and your modified headset yourself that changes the perspective similar to how Pimax does with the parallel projection option in their headset driver.

Anonymous VR
    Participant

Hello Ralf, thank you for your attention.

Its VorpX application allows you to do many things… you can make the image curved for example or make the image smaller, you can also move the image up or down.

Doesn’t VorpX use 2 virtual screens to create its stereo effect?
    Is it possible to provide VorpX with the ability to rotate these screens?

Thank you for your attention, I did not want to be dismissive with you, I was just waiting for an answer.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Incredibly cool to see that there are still people who tinker with their own hardware, feels a bit like good old times…

I‘ll add your wish to the already fairly long list of nice-too-have features. However, this is a bit too special to be treated with priority, sorry. So don‘t get your hopes up that it will actually happen anytime soon.

Anonymous VR
    Participant

That’s fantastic Ralf!!!, I will be very attentive to your updates, thank you very much

I will say in the forums if you allow me, there are people thinking of copying the MOD, it is very good news that you put that option in your VorpX application.

Thank you very much.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please don’t overlook the last part of the reply. The wishlist is fairly long and as much sympathy as I have for your hardware tinkering, I simply can’t treat something as special as your wish with priority. In short: no promises when (or even if) this actually happens.

Anonymous VR
    Participant

If I understand, don’t worry, that way it will be exposed in the forums.

This is an unhelpful feature for most of your clients, this request is very special, do what you can, when you can.

Glad to hear you like the MOD 135º FOV, tilting the screens gives a lot of FOV, Overlap stereo isn’t compromised.

This technique may be used in the future in other Viewers VR, due to its ease and results, it is highly recommended.

Thanks again for your attention.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

What a cool project. Let’s all hope other companies finally jump on the Wide FOV thing, as being stuck with Pimax kind of stinks (less than not having anyone doing it though, since if there wasn’t Wide FOV VR I wouldn’t bother with VR at all.)

There is a VR compatible version of Reshade now; possibly you can utilize that framework to perform the image transforms you need?

Anonymous VR
    Participant

Hello mr_spongeworthy, if you can use Reshare, but in very specific ways, you can check my Post on the Realovirtual website, I have a lot of information there.

VorpX can be used in extended screen mode, the problem is that there are many viewers that do not support this mode and can only use SteamVR, and to be able to use VorpX with SteamVR which is the best thing to have, Ralf should add the function “ Keytone or trapezoidal correction” to adjust the screens individually to the MOD and universally for all of us.

Maybe you are referring to other utilities in Reshare that I don’t know about, maybe you can explain it to me.

Anonymous VR
    Participant

VorpX unlike the Reshare utility, VorpX needs to keystone your virtual screens and not the inner image on your screens.

Anonymous VR
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I just wanted to tell you, that I have been able to make a controller for SteamVR with the OpenVR API.

I have been able to use the “GetProjectionRaw” method, to adjust the images on my tilted screens.

Now I don’t have head tracking, this is a 3DOF USB HID, but, I already have my images perfectly aligned in the 135 FOV viewfinder MOD, in SteamVR.

All the best.

https://www.realovirtual.com/foro/topic/51245/mod-visor-vr-los-90o-fov-135o-fov-anonymous-vr

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great. Glad you found a solution yourself.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!