More basic questions on resolutions & profiles

Homepage Forums Technical Support More basic questions on resolutions & profiles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    morsify
    Participant

Here are some dummy questions, in the hope that I am not the only dummy, and it might help another dummy somewhere along the line. I am really sorry if this seems obvious or basic to most people. I am not generally stupid, but I am having trouble grasping some basics here, as I try to get one or two games looking and playing correctly in vorpx.

Firstly, please, when you talk of changing resolutions to get the best possible image in the headset, can I have some clarification.

For example, where you recommend 1920 x 1440, my monitor is 1920 x 1080, and I have an ATI GPU. So are you referring to desktop resolution, (which I obviously could not achieve in this case), or GAME resolution, which I could achieve by using windowed mode?

1) So, if I set the game resolution, and windowed mode, THAT is what will influence the initial image quality, prior to any other tweaks ?

2) What is it that determines whether a game works in full VR or not? I mean, I am currently trying to get Legend of Grimrock in full vr, but it seems stupid if it has already been determined to be unachievable – since vorpx has been around a few years now, surely every new user that comes along shouldn’t be going over the same ground? It is either possible or not, but I can find no definitive list that tells me if I’m wasting my time or not.

3) Using Legend of Grimrock again as an example, when I do switch it to full vr, my entire view moves with the headset. i.e. there is no free head movement within the game. Is there a way to solve this, or does this mean it will not be workable in full vr no matter what?
    I am never averse to tweaking, modding, or any amount of trial and error, but again, I don’t want to waste my time if it has long ago been discovered to be impossible with a particular game. I get the same ‘scene moving with headset’ issue with F1 2017, and I’m confused because I have seen a youtube video where their head is moving freely within the game.

Again, I am sorry if these questions seem tedious, but any straightforward answers to them would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!