Mouse and Keyboard not working v17.3

Homepage Forums Technical Support Mouse and Keyboard not working v17.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

I’m having problems getting mouse and keyboard to work in some games since the new update (Battlefront 2015 and Battlefield Hardline). As soon as the mission or match loads, mouse points straight to the ground and becomes unresponsive. Probably a conflict with xbox controller drivers in vorpx. I don’t use any controllers though, just mouse/keyboard. I’ve never had this issue before v17.3.

Any tips how to fix/disable these controller overrides?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you still have this issue? Just checked Battlefront 2015 without a gamepad connected but could not reproduce it. Some FrostBite games behave rather odd when both gamepad and mouse are used, mouse only however should not cause any glitches.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I just tried the new Battlefront 2 and am having the same problem. Mouse only works in main/pause menus, and is unresponsive during gameplay. Pushing any button on the keyboard at any time does nothing but snap mouse cursor to the center of the screen. Can’t even use escape to open the menu to exit.

Again, I don’t have any gamepad plugged in, never did, and I had no problems with keyboard and mouse on previous vorpX. When I launch the games without vorpX keyboard/mouse work just fine, so I know vorpX is the cause.

The only frostbite game I’m not having this problem with is Battlefield 1.

I know the new update is supposed to add improved mouse support, perhaps this change is somehow in conflict. I don’t know if it would be possible to disable that change?

I would really appreciate some kind of work around. I was bummed when I tried to show my brother some Star Wars in vorpX over the holidays but was unable to play. Fortunately GTA5 was still working so he could see something.

I’m liking the improvements overall so far, just frustrated I can’t play my new game yet. Thanks again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll check again, but not sure where to look TBH. Until someone else reports something similar, I can only assume that it’s some system specific issue. SWBF2 obviously has been used heavily for 17.3.0 to create the profile, SWBF also doesn’t show anything comparable here.

What you could try is switching on/off raw input in the game options. Normally it should be on.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Dangit Origin! It was the blasted Origin In-Game. Disabling that did the trick.

Whether it was coincidentally enabled in this weeks Origin update, or somehow incompatible with 17.3 I’m unsure. Perhaps something to look into. Either way I feel both a little foolish and relieved.

Sorry for the trouble, I’m off to play some Star Wars now :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still an odd issue, the ingame overlay causes no problems here. Anyway, glad you solved it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!