MPC-HC distorted view

Homepage Forums Technical Support MPC-HC distorted view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello there,

did anyony notice a vertical distortion of the viewfield when using MPC-HC and Vorpx together ?

You will not see this right away, especially when viewing XX movies the lower side of the viewfield looks squashed, things look not the right size they have.

I use Whirligig to compare where everythings looks fine. My guess is that vorpx renders on a flat surface instead on a barrel. (just a guess)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Enabling expert settings in the config app unlocks additional options in the ingame menu. Among other things that will allow you to adjust the screen curvature both vertically and horizontically to your liking.

RJK_
    Participant

i saw these settings but they dont help. I beleive there is something totally wrong. A video with whirligigg looks completely different to this. With vorpx eveything looks rather flat, with whiligigg you stand in the middle of the scene, you can look left and right like in real, with vorpx you stand somehow away from whats happening. Its like you look into the scene, with whirligig you ARE in the scene. Hard to explain, may be someone else can test this also and give a better decription.

Well, this issue is not so important. Dont bother looking after any improvements here. I can use whirligig, would just have been nice to use mpc-hc too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you mean 360° or 180° VR-videos please keep in mind that vorpX only supports spherical projection for these movies. There may by other encodings, cylindrical for example. These will not look correctly since vorpX always projects on a sphere (or partial sphere).

Videos that are encoded with spherical projection look perfectly fine.

RJK_
    Participant

That was a fast response :-) Yes i noticed that there is trouble with different encodings. All thats not really a problem, just wanted to mention it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!