MPC-HC not working after update

Homepage Forums Technical Support MPC-HC not working after update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

I think it was cyberpunk update after which video player is not only not hooking it is also sending “delete” input so basically trying to open any video ends up sending it to recycle bin and thats it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I made some changes to the input handling recently. IIRC the old code had some extra routine to handle the DEL key in MPC-HC, which I probably forgot to port over to the new input handling.

i’ll take a look at it. For the time being please change the menu key to something else in the config app.

Smoils
    Participant

Ok, Im quite used to delete but I will, still the actual problem is not working player. Not only it doesnt hook, it crashes the player unless its related to it trying to open a deleted file.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No such problem here. If you happen to have disabled auto settings in the vorpX config app, please make sure to re-enable that. vorpX makes some changes to the MPC-HC settings. Also don’t use a portable MPC-HC version, vorpX can only change settings for a properly installed MPC-HC.

The DEL problem will be fixed in the next update. I re-implemented the special DEL key handling earlier today. It indeed got lost during the input code changes mentioned above.

If you continue to have problems with MPC-HC, try VLC. Should work just as fine (will also have the DEL key issue currently though).

Smoils
    Participant

Hm, very strange – I changed bindings, even restarted vorpx to make sure and checked it stayed, but launching the player file gets sent to recycle bin without even promt window and while player stays open vorpx doesnt hook.

I dont know why that happens and binding doesnt affect it apparently.

I am using special standalone build because it works with SVP (https://www.svp-team.com/) which I highly recommend, but I know for a fact vorpx used to work flawlesly with it before.

VLC works but then I have to choose to ether have ambient background or high frame interpolated videos.

P.S.: If you are fixing whatever thing is messing with MPC-HC next update I am going to take an opportunity to remind you to change storage location for custom 3d backgrounds that currently are in my documents and have access issues on automatic mode (was discussed in another post).

Ralf
    Keymaster

The folder change for the background images isn’t a priority, can’t promise that for the next uodate. The only reason why accessing the documents folder would not be possible is that you may have blocked access to it either in the Windows settings or some AV program.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!