MPC video rotation notworking in vorpx viewer

Homepage Forums Technical Support MPC video rotation notworking in vorpx viewer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    offall
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I enjoying using vorpx to watch videos. However recently i found when i rotate video in MPC, using ALt+3 hotkey in MPC, (for some vertical video shut by phone but stored in landscape), the video on the desktop rotate as per expected

but within the vorpx viewer, the video is still not rotated. is there a way to fix it?

thanks a lot.

offall
    Participant

I just tried to rotate video in VLC (tools-effect-video effect-geometry), with
    rotation checked, when vorpex attached, vlc become so unstable and crash 9 out of 10 times it is opened, the one time it works, video in neither headset or desktop is rotated), afterwards, even when vorpex no longer attached, it unable to do rotation and i have to delete all the preference before it works again (without vorpx attached)

running latest windows 10 64 bit, with mpc and vlc both 64 bits latest version (tried vlc 32 bits as well and same crash)

hardware is valve index, 2080super, i7

offall
    Participant

Why there is not even acknowledgement from Ralf regarding the problem submitted here, is he even monitoring what’s being posted?

offall
    Participant

onw month passed and no reply, i am amazed about the quality of customer service received here for legit tech problems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I read all messages on the forum. If you don’t get a reply, then there isn’t really any useful answer to a question. I answer what I can.

Providing support for videos that are not encoded with proper rotation is out vorpX’s scope unfortunately. vorpX is mainly meant to play games in your headset, the video player support is pretty much a free add-on. Maybe there is some dedicated VR video player that allows to do that, although personally I’m not aware of one.

What *might* work is using the vorpX desktop viewer instead of the dedicated MPC-HC profile. To do that launch the desktop viewer and then disable the vorpX watcher from the tray icon’s right click menu before launching MPC-HC.

Minabe
    Participant

You could just use FFMPEG for that, about Ralf’s solution, i can confirm it works as i have read manga vertically in such a way.

I’m giving you a code example for what you want:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -map_metadata 0 -metadata:s:v rotate="90" -codec copy output.mp4
    Since it isn’t transcoding it won’t take any time as it’s just copying the source.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!