My WebInstaller doesn’t work

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support My WebInstaller doesn’t work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CXIX
    Participant

Having trouble getting the vorpX_websetup.exe to work, keep clicking on it and it doesn’t appear anything’s happening. I’ve removed my anti-virus, run it through a compatibility mode, administrator mode, redownloaded it to test that wasn’t the issue, basically anything I could think of and I’m a bit stumped. Is there something obvious I’m missing or is there just an issue with the version of the webinstaller I received? If so is it possible to request a new download link for that as it seems you need to already have obtained your key from this installer in order to complete the registration? (I’m assuming from the screenshot sent to me in the ‘thank you for your purchase mail’) I’ve emailed about this last night and provided proof of payment but wasn’t sure if this was a better place to get help with the issue?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You should have received a reply to your e-mail now. Let me know if it didn’t reach you.

nixin
    Participant

im having the same problem. i requested a new installer because the older one i had backed up didn’t work. the link i just got for the new one doesn’t work either

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that your antivirus software doesn’t prevent the installer from starting. That’s almost certainly the problem. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, consider uninstalling it. There is no real need for invasive third party AV on Windows 10. Windows Defender is more than good enough for several years now.

nixin
    Participant

i checked that. it didn’t make a difference

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only other potential reason why starting the installer might fail would be a messed up Microsoft DotNet install. Although that’s not very likely. Try to reinstall the DotNet 3.5 framework, which is the version required for the web setup. It comes with windows 10, google for “Windows 10 DotNet 3.5” for instructions on removing/installing it via the Windows features dialog.

Since that is way more likely to be the problem, just in case, again the hint to remove any invasive third party AV you may have installed. Some of the most annoying AV programs can’t really be fully disabled unless you remove them. Windows Defender will kick in instead, so there is zero risk involved.

nixin
    Participant

oh noooOOOooOoooooo, i just found out my flavour of windows has a “Forced .NET Framework 4.0/4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8”. i went to regedit and enabled 3.5 and now other crap doesnt work either. booooooooooooo. i love this version of windows (Ghost Spectre’s) but it looks like it might be time for a change. I literally dont have a single AV on here right now. not even defender. my windows is pretty barebones. thank so much for helping. my turn to suss this out now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!