Myst V crashes as soon as I get past the launcher…

Homepage Forums Technical Support Myst V crashes as soon as I get past the launcher…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    feathers632
    Participant

Any ideas?

Runtime .7
    Vorpx .09

Windows 8.1

Steam version Myst V.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether the game runs without vorpX.

Crashes here on start (“Exception type: Access violation” etc.) with or without vorpX on Win8+.

feathers632
    Participant

Yes you’re right Ralf. Thanks. It’s the game issue rather than Vorpx.

On an unrelated note: Skyrim looks amazing with vorpx.

feathers632
    Participant

Got Myst V working with Vorpx on windows 8. Needed to run Myst V in admin mode.

Problem is that when I get to main menu on Myst and activate cursor with Alt-C… the cursor only move within a small area (about 640 x 480) and the main menu is beyond reach of the cursor.

I set Myst V to run at 1920 x 1080.

I’ve tried running myst v in windowed mode, full screen mode, no difference. The cursor will only move within a small rectangle out of reach of the main menu.

feathers632
    Participant

Have tried reducing the Myst V resolution below 1080 but makes no difference. The cursor only moves within a small rectangle relative to the main menu screen. If I run the game at a lower res, the cursor still only moves within the same area of the screen relative to the menu. The cursor is always out of reach of the main menu. Annoying they don’t let u navigate the menu with keys. So much bad design in games.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!