Need for Speed Most Wanted: Vorpx error

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Need for Speed Most Wanted: Vorpx error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paul_b_30
    Participant

Even though Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) is on the supported games list, I get an error at launch: “vorpx error: the selected rendering api is not supported”.

Other games typically work fine.

Any solution for this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

This error indicates that the game tries to run in DirectX 11 mode, but your graphics card does not support the DirectX 11 ‘feature level’ that is required by vorpX. Many games can be forced to use pure DX9 instead to circumvent something like this, a short Google search revealed no such option for NFS:MW though, so unfortunately you might be out of luck unless you have access to a fully DX11 compatible graphics card.

paul_b_30
    Participant

Ralf, thanks for the quick reply. It is however not the solution: I have a Geforce 570 GTX which supports Directx11. The game itself also runs fine (similar to other Directx 11 titles); the only problem is that Vorpx doesn’t work giving the error message quoted above in the screen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

A 570 GTX should indeed support the required feature level.

Apart from that: I just realized that NFS:MW is a ‘bug’, or better a inaccuracy in the supported games list. The NFW:MW in the list is the original one, not the 2012 remake. Sorry for the confusion.

Still, the error you get seems awkward considering your card, so I will take a look at NFS:MW [2012] as soon as possible.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked it, and unfortunately currently there is only an explanation, no solution.

NFS:NW [2012] does something relatively uncommon: On DX11 capable cards it utilizes DX11 without having a true DX11 renderer. No matter how new the card is, the game always creates a DX11 rendering device with feature level 10.0, something that vorpX currently does not support.

If there would be a way to force the game to use pure DX10 rendering through a command line switch or an ini tweak, this could be circumvented. Not sure though whether something like this exists.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!