Need Help With vorpX Please!

Homepage Forums Technical Support Need Help With vorpX Please!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    frostedair
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I purchased vorpX awhile ago, and it ran very smoothly. I own the DK1, and like to use third party games on it. Everything was running great using the driver, until I stopped playing for about a month or so. When I tried to resume, I was receiving errors from vorpX, saying I needed to reinstall the program. After grabbing another download link, I tried to install the driver with the Oculus runtime already installed. Once I did, It never worked again. When I open vorpX, it says that it can not find the configured device, even after setting it to DK1. When opening the runtime, It says no HMD or Tracker found.

This problem only appears once I install vorpX. If I install the runtime normally, it connects and works like normal. It only appears once vorpX is installed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and Oculus runtime numerous times, Only installing vorpX when the Runtime was not installed, restarting my computer, and using system restore. None of these methods work.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, I would like this fixed asap.

System Specs:
    Windows 7 Home premium
    Nvidia 860M
    8gb Ram
    Intel core i7
    Oculus Rift dk1

Thank you very much!

Laser
    Participant

What Oculus runtime are you using?

genetix
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Im using Runtime Firmware 2.12 runtime version 1.5 (SDK 0.4.4)

Ralf
    Keymaster

The current vorpX version (0.81) does not work with older firmware. 0.5.0 is required, otherwise the Rift will not be detected by vorpX.

genetix
    Participant

ok i got it to recognize the HMD. but now I cant get any games to work. I’ll get the two eye display on my monitor but nothing on my oculus and the light just stays orange. I tried to extend to desktop instead of direct to rift but then its sideways in my oculus and the head tracking wont work. what games will this work with without to much messing around? i was hoping to try arma III

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you follow the steps in the DK2 Setup Guide that comes with vorpX? It explains how to configure everything correctly.

Please also read the other guides in the vorpX help, especially the Essential Game Hints and the Quickstart Guide. They also contain important information.

genetix
    Participant

i did follow the guide but i couldnt get it to work still. i put it in extend to desktop and then my desktop gets small and i get a sideways one on the oculus and then i try to change things to portrait and what not and extend the desktop but it flips it on my monitor and makes it so i cant navigate on the goggles.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to change the orientation of the Rift like mentioned in the guide, NOT the orientation of your other monitor.

You have two options:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!