Never buy a game for VorpX even if it has an offical profile

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Never buy a game for VorpX even if it has an offical profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Electryic
    Participant

Just picked up Quake 3 Arena (again.. as I bought the discs years ago) because
    they have an official profile with the latest VorpX.

Alas the game won’t come on at all with VorpX enabled. Wondering if the profile was screwed with to work with Doom 2016 etc and now won’t work w/ the actual game its for.

Disappointed to say the least.. I expect if it has an official profile that it should work. I’ve been using VorpX for 2+ years so know all the normal troubleshooting steps… will continue to work with it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quake 3 Arena should work without problems normally, it’s one of the usual OpenGL test cases here and thus checked regularly. Unlike Direct 3D hooking OpenGL hooking isn’t even timing sensitive, so there is not much that can go wrong besides an external factor, most likely an injection conflict with some other program on your PC.

BTW: After you got it to hook, please disable FluidSync in the vorpX options. Due to the way vorpX handles OpenGL, FluidSync doesn’t work well with it. That will be be done in a different way in the next vorpX version, for now FluidSync should be disabled manually for OpenGL games.

Electryic
    Participant

Ralf: Its not the game isn’t hooking its that it won’t start when VorpX is enabled. I just put steam in offline mode and started the game up fine. I then shut the game, enable VorpX and restart the game and the game simply doesn’t start at all. Nothing running in task manager etc.

I also disabled 3D vision. All that is running is Oculus Home.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry that I can’t be of more help. This is something specific to your setup, as said above probably an injection conflict. To be extra sure I checked the game again with the last vorpX release build – Steam version as well as an old CD version – after writing my original answer.

The only issue was the Direct VR rotation scan not working with the Steam version, which has been fixed for the next release while I was at it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!