New customer: Need anti-cheat clarifications please :)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion New customer: Need anti-cheat clarifications please :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deathadda88
    Participant

Hi, I am new to VR but have experience with 3D gaming. I am coming from Tridef, as it does not support the Rift Dk2. This VorpX seems to be great and I am ready to buy it, I just have a simple fear however;

Tridef is backed by AMD so games do not see it as a cheat. Nvidia 3D vision is obviously backed by Nvidia. This VorpX is purely a 3rd party driver that has no backing. Is this program whitelisted? Is it possible to get banned playing multiplayer? Has anyone been banned before?

Does it work in a similar way to Tridef?

Thanks for all your support.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Official word on this is that you do multiplayer gaming with vorpX at your own risk.

That said there have been no reports of someone getting banned so far with vorpX over the last year that I am aware of, so you will most likely be safe. Still, it’s up to you whether you want to take the risk.

Currently there isn’t anything in vorpX that could seriously considered to be a cheat. This will change soon though as positional tracking is unlocked in more games. Positional tracking like done in vorpX will almost certainly be seen as cheat, since it allows you to see through walls. Do NEVER use vorpX with positional tracking enabled in a multiplayer game. A feature like this would cause anticheat problems with any driver, nVidia included. A warning in this regard will be added to the vorpX start screen.

first_emperor
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I was wondering about this too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!