New Headset Sync feature causes hooked game to freeze whenever headset is put on

Homepage Forums Technical Support New Headset Sync feature causes hooked game to freeze whenever headset is put on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChrisNonyminus
    Participant

See the title. When I heard about the new feature the update had, I was ecstatic to use it. Unfortunately, when I tried it on TS4, as soon as the sensor on my Rift that turns on the screen was activated, the game froze. I tried restarting my computer, reinstalling Vorpx, reinstalling Oculus, no dice.
    So how do I turn off headset sync outside of the in-game menu, and if that’s not possible, how do I rollback to 20.2.0?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unrelated to the headset sync, just a stupid typo at some other place.

I’ll release an update with a fix later this week. Until then you can fix the issue by switching to the “The Sims4 32Bit Legacy Edition” (click on the gear icon > Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options).

I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty sure the only diference that makes is running the game in 32bit instead of 64bit.

ChrisNonyminus
    Participant

Unfortunately, the 32-bit edition is outdated and deprecated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It would be just for two or three days. I’ll release a small maintenance update later this week that will work again with the 64bit version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!