New Pimax Guide needed and what about G-sync over VR?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion New Pimax Guide needed and what about G-sync over VR?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    deathorb
    Participant

As the title says I thought the Pimax guide mentions things that are no longer there in the programme (Steam VR and Pitool) I also would like to know what actually is the maximal res and clarity possible with Pimax under Vorpx. Shouldnt Steam be set to 100% render resolution or something? Also is G-sync or VRR possible on the Pimax now Nvidia has opened up the tech to be used on almost any 120hz display? Anyway I hope Ralf can answer and also anyone with a Pimax can chime in too, thanks!

PS – I take it the new Doom game will be Vorpxerized soon after release!

Ralf
    Keymaster

My last Pimax check has been just 10 days ago or so. Unless Pimax have changed their software pipeline since then, the guide is still valid.

Edit: I think the SteamVR resolution manual override is called differently now, I’ll look into that. Apart from that everything should still be set as described in the guide.

Gsync/VRR would have to be supported by headset manufacturers, that’s nothing that can be implemented by application developers. vorpX has a custom ‘timewarp’ mechanism though that can create intermediate frames. While not really related technically that also serves the purpose of keeping things smooth at low framerates.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Does VORPX get it’s resolution from the overall Steam VR “Quality” slider? Wouldn’t increasing that slider increase the overall resolution being sent to the HMD?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX calculates the optimal headset target size itself, taking the current game resolution into account. All that you can potentially achieve by raising the SteamVR setting is messing up this calculation.

What you want to do for better image quality / supersampling with vorpX is running games at higher resolutions. If necessary vorpX will adjust the headset target res accordingly, so you don’t have to care about that at all.

deathorb
    Participant

thanks for response, I hope Vorpx continues to grow – I also wonder if it resurect these Nvidia 3D vision glasses I got lying around, now they have stopped supporting them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!