New to VORPX and need some help please!

Homepage Forums Technical Support New to VORPX and need some help please!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    InSanityGaming
    Participant

I’m so confused about to use this, I just brought the app and probably only need to make one thread and that’s it, it’ll probably be the same routine for all other games.

So anyway.

Have ARMA 2 Installed (check)
    Have VORPX installed (CHECK)

Launch game, everything massively zoomed in, making me nauseous, big as hell, what do I do, please help, I try using the in-game vorpx thing, but even opening that and just trying to click it my whole screen moves about making everything annoying and making me dizzy, It takes a lot to make me nauseous I’ don’t suffer from motion sickness or anything but this is BAD

I may have missed something so please help
    I don’t know if this is the correct subforum, I’m again NEW, I do apologize,

p.s

Even the game’s main menu is big, and my mouse cursor has disappeared everything is BIG!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You will have to restart the game one or two times to let vorpX figure out and apply the field of view (‘zoomed in’). There should have been a message from vorpX message requesting to do that in the top left corner of the game window as well as in the headset.

if you haven’t done so already, please also check the “Essential Hints Guide” in the vorpX help. it explains a few basic concepts (e.g. the various methods to deal with FOV) and will save you a lot of unnecessary trial and error.

InSanityGaming
    Participant

You will have to restart the game one or two times to let vorpX figure out and apply the field of view (‘zoomed in’). There should have been a message from vorpX message requesting to do that in the top left corner of the game window as well as in the headset.

if you haven’t done so already, please also check the “Essential Hints Guide” in the vorpX help. it explains a few basic concepts (e.g. the various methods to deal with FOV) and will save you a lot of unnecessary trial and error.

being dyslexic and such, makes it hard to understand anything in that guide, i’ve tried my best reading over it, others may understand most of the stuff there, but it’s hard for me, and i’ll keep relaunching the game, I have noticed that message constantly popping up (settings changed, restart) blah blah, i think that’s the one you mean?

Thanks for the response!

p.s
    every time i close and reopen the game, the same thing pops up (RESTART GAME)

Ralf
    Keymaster

That should only happen once or twice normally until vorpX has figured out the right FOV and written it to the game’s config file.

Please check whether maybe any of the files in [Documents]\ArmA 2 happens to be write protected on your machine. vorpX needs access to this folder to write its calculated FOV to the config file.

huyzer
    Participant

For your dyslexia, try looking for readers for text.

For a Chrome based browser, use the extension called Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader.

For an Android phone, look for @Voice Aloud Read (TTS Reader). You can copy the text and paste it in the app.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!