New to VorpX looking for information

Homepage Forums Technical Support New to VorpX looking for information

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Are there any video tutorials for beginners? I just got VorpX and I see lots of specific videos how to get particular games to work. I’m just looking for a general how to introduction sort of thing. I’d prefer a video they hold my attention better than reading text and the basics don’t seem that hard to grasp but I think I would benefit form just watching it being done first. If there are no videos, are there any instructional write ups out there that go over things in detail?

One thing I noticed already though that is an issue maybe someone can help with, so far I’ve only checked out the desktop viewer but whenever I launch it I get the prompt that “Vsync is enabled in my graphics card setting and to set it to off or let the 3D application handle it. I have set every single VorpX .exe file to both off and/or handled by the application but I still get the same prompt whenever I open the desktop viewer, it seems to be working fine though so I’m just disregarding the prompt now because I’ve already done as instructed.

Also is there no way to resize the monitor or get rid of the body on the couch where you are sitting? Every time I lean back I’m looking through his head and if I lean forward the screen is closer than I’d prefer making the desktop viewer mode basically unusable to me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not 100% correct in every detail, but extremely in-depth:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4fYsmbDqeQ

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Awesome thanks, I’ll check it out!

I’m trying to watch a 3D movie in desktop viewer but it only plays in split SBS mode showing the two separate images. Is there just some setting I haven’t changed in MPC yet? I don’t see anything that looks appropriate. It did say that it installed the MPC codecs when I installed VorpX and when I run MPC it shows that VorpX is injecting first so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can select the stereo mode on the image page of ingame menu. Make sure to use either VLC or MPC-HC and launch them from your normal desktop if launching them from the desktop viewer fails.

vorpX hooks into these players directly, which might be required for the stereo options to appear in the menu. Can’t remember currently.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Ok thanks I just didn’t know how to get the in game menu, now it’s much better I can change a lot of the things I was wondering about. I did switch the image to SBS and it worked but for some reason the 2 images don’t line up now they are offset it’s like I’m watching the movie cross eyed. I didn’t see anything in the settings to fix that.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

I just tried the same with VLC and it works fine there.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Now that I’ve found the menu and played around with the settings a bit I rather like the desktop viewer mode. I’ll just use VLC to watch movies instead of MPC at least for now. I just changed the environment from the lounge so that guy on the couch isn’t an issue any longer. The only adjustment I wish there was that I don’t see is to raise the screen higher, but I found a workaround i just stand up and hold the headset above me until the screen is sitting about where I would like it.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!