New Vegas problems

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion New Vegas problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    superretro2010
    Participant

Whenever I sit on a chair my guy would float away through the wall into nothingness can someone tell me why this could be it only happens when I enable vr without vr it doesn’t do this

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably related to positional Direct VR. If you virtually sit down in a chair often in the game, disabling the positional component of Direct VR in the vorpX menu is worth a shot. Normal pos tracking will kick in instead.

Just not virtually sitting down in an ingame chair and instead having Direct VR’s basic room scale pos tracking might be the better idea though.

superretro2010
    Participant

I see what you mean but I guess I’m also wondering if this could be fixed through a new update over the game possibly in the future and I was also wondering why whenever I enable optimized settings for new Vegas and then luanch the game new vegas launcher appears rewriting all my settings?

Ralf
    Keymaster

TBH I somehow doubt this is serious, but just in case it’s really an issue for you, you can easily address it the way described above or alternativly by temporarily disabling Direct VR with the hotkey for that before you sit down in a chair in the game. You can adjust the hotkey to your liking in the config app.

superretro2010
    Participant

Ok thanks I just wanted to also know why when I use an enb the screen is gigantic for new Vegas vr it just decides to go huge?

Ralf
    Keymaster

ENB mods hook into the rendering pipeline in a similar way that vorpX does, it’s quite likely that they cause issues. They may work with with the ENB injector (can be downloaded from the ENB website), but there is no guarantee for that. If in doubt, you shouldn’t use an ENB mod to avoid any potential conflict with vorpX.

superretro2010
    Participant

Is there a way I can turn up the quality for the game in vr it looks really low resolution compared to my tv maybe this is normal but just incase do you know a way I could fix this?

superretro2010
    Participant

Also as for the siting issue it only occurs when 3D rendering is enabled other then that it doesn’t I don’t think it’s a big deal just wanted to let you guys know if you ever decided you wanted to fix it

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can run games at any resolution with vorpX. The higher the resolution, the better the image quality. Good resolutions for vorpX quality wise are 1600×1200 or 1920×1440. Just keep an eye on performance (ALT+F). You should make sure that the game runs at 45fps.

If your monitor can’t display the resolutions mentioned above, you might be able to add them as custom resolutions in your graphics driver control panel. Alternatively you could run the game windowed and set the resolution manually in the game’s ini file.

superretro2010
    Participant

Should I maybe play on a monitor that isn’t 4k or does that not make a differance? Also what are your thoughts on using windows 10 hdr feature?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It doesn’t matter what monitor you run the game on. A 4K monitor makes it easier since it can display higher resolutions per default. Otherwise you can do what I wrote in my answer above.

superretro2010
    Participant

Thanks for the help I will mention that I have a resolution option 2048 by 1526 I think this may be 5:4 res rather then 4:3 would this impact the 3D effect or no because if 4:3 is better quality for examp wouldn’t it be better to use 1920×1440? Is there a reason why the graphics are grainy they don’t seem to be crisp like on the tv screen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!