New vorpx update lost high resolution for SOTR and ROTR

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings New vorpx update lost high resolution for SOTR and ROTR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    AdapTiv8
    Participant

Hi guys,

after the latest Vorpx Update, I have lost the ability to switch to a 2nd monitor in Shadow of the tomb raider (and Rise also) which automatically gave me some 3k resolution (I cant remember the exact resolutions but it was 39?? by 26??). I am now stuck at just monitor 1 with 1080p being the highest. It certainly does not look nearly as good as what I had originally.
    I never added any custom resolutions,SOTR and ROTR automatically gave me the option to switch monitors and gave me this super high resolution.
    Anyway to get it back? Or ha anyone else had the same thing happen?
    SOTR was one of the most EPIC vorpx games ive played :)

AdapTiv8
    Participant

Oh to add to that, im using the Oculus Rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you want to use resolutions higher than your monitor allows, check the custom resolutions section in the vorpX help. If you already added the custom resolutions before they might have gotten removed by an nVidia driver update.

AdapTiv8
    Participant

Hi Ralf, thank for replying so fast. I have read through the customs resolutions many times, thanks for that info. But I’ve never tried it.
    Just thought it was odd I lost both tomb raider (built in?) Resolutions at the same time. I’ve actually lost 2D control also within vorpx game menu for these 2 games. Previously I could change the stereoscopic in game controls and also adjust the vorpx immersion screen affects. But I can not any longer.
    I will play around with it again after work, but both games were equally affected somehow.
    Thanks again thou for making the best thing for VR since sliced bread hahaha.

AdapTiv8
    Participant

Not 2d control (spell check error) 3d control I meant.

dellrifter22
    Participant

In those two games 3D is done natively by the game as side by side, so you can’t change 3D modes in vorpx. You use the 3D settings built into the games options for switching.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX sets up stereo rendering for Shadow of the Tomb Raider automatically provided DirectVR settings optimization isn’t disabled.

With default profile settings the game is pretty much plug and play except for potentially choosing a higher resolution.

AdapTiv8
    Participant

Yes correct, and it had always been this way. Weirdly with my AMD card it gave me a 2nd monitor to choose in the settings which allowed a 3k resolution. I have lost that and also the vorpx in game control to change the normal vorpx settings. I thought maybe it was because I enabled super resolution. But that didn’t change anything. Is it possible to roll back to the previous vorpx version for testing?. Like I mentioned, I never set any custome resolutions to start with. So I’m kinda down to it must be the update?
    – on a side note sottr and rottr automatically gave me this super high weird resolution from default. I wish I could tell you exactly what it was But it was 39?? By 2???
    Made a huge difference and was very very hard were intensive, but I could run it and everything far and near looked incrideble.

AdapTiv8
    Participant

I played SOTTR before ROTTR. My problem started literally at the end scene of SOTTR after the update. I just checked. I have no options to adjust 3d settings now in both games. Just the normal stereoscopic in game settings. I cannot even turn Vsync off (but that doesn’t seem to affect game experience).

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX utilizes the native 3D implementation of both games. In SOTTR that is done automatically, in ROTTR vorpX prompts you to enable it with an ingame notification.

If that doesn’t work for you, please make a factory reset in the config app (trouble shooting page) to ensure everything is set to default.

AdapTiv8
    Participant

Ok I will give it a try.

Thanks Ralf.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!