Newest version fataly glitches Resident Evil 7 – unplayable!

Homepage Forums Technical Support Newest version fataly glitches Resident Evil 7 – unplayable!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    real_trisk
    Participant

After the forced update to the new version of Vorpx, the graphics have gotten messed up in Resident Evil 7 to the point of breaking the game. All hair for all characters has disappeared, along with all herbs, gunpowder, the clock puzzle’s face, and a bunch of the cloth simulation.

The game is basically unplayable once you get to the clock puzzle because you can’t see the hands of the clock. Everyone is bald, and the only way to find herbs is to get close enough to them that the pickup icon appears, because they are invisible.

The hand graphics may have been messed up before, but now it is way. WAY worse! How do I roll back to the older version?

Computer : alienware r17 with 6600k proc, 16 gb RAM, win 10, running a graphics amplifier loaded with a GeForce 2080ti. Vive Pro.

Ralf
    Keymaster

One can’t use other people’s savegames for this game, so checking anything besides the beginning is difficult. Playing through whole games to make profiles is not really an option unfortunately. I’ll look into it.

In the meantime try the 18.3.0 profile. Provided your issue is indeed related to the vorpX update, the older profile will fix it.

To apply the profile simply drag and drop the downloaded file into the ‘Local Profiles’ list in the config app.

BTW: Glitches that only apply to certain sections of a game are annoying for sure, but no reason for despair. You can temporarily disable stereo 3D, play in mono and re-enable stereo 3D after the glitchy section. Stereo 3D can be disabled in the vorpX menu or with a convenient hotkey (ALT+X per default).

matt90410
    Participant

I’ve also been playing RE7 and for me the update is superb – no issues with textures and now all the weapons look correct.

nyteblaydette
    Participant

I’m getting this bug too, hair, items and destructables (some walls get smashed) are invisible even though the hand shimmer is gone.
    I’m on Win 10, i5 6600k with a 1070
    I wonder if this is a nvidia issue
    Would you mind sharing your specs matt?

dellrifter22
    Participant

Just ran a quick test of my saves to confirm the same bald results. Chains and other physics props seem to be missing. The hands and guns look perfect though, so good work there.

gtx 1080 rift

Ralf
    Keymaster

Odd, I don’t think the character model of the girl in the first mission was bald when I revisited the profile. At least I don’t recall that, not 100% sure though.

I can’t check anything myself this week. If anyone wants to try, it might be worth a shot to experiment with different graphics settings. If that doesn’t help, going back to the earlier state with the weapon shimmer using the 18.3.0 profile probably is the only thing that will.

real_trisk
    Participant

I’m going to try the older profile right now. I’ll report back if it is working, but it should be… the game was working fine before the update.

I did try different mesh detail settings in the graphics, as that was the only thing that looked like it might be related, but it didn’t change anything, everyone was still bald. I re-installed my Nvidia drivers, and I’m using the newest ones. No change.

i7 6600k 16GB RAM 2080ti Vive Pro.

real_trisk
    Participant

OK, ran the old version, and all the hair and physics things like water surfaces and herbs are all back visible and working. It is definitely something broken in the new patch. Honestly, I recommend rolling everyone back until you can figure out a fix. the weapon ghosting thing is far less game breaking, and can be worked around just by raising the camera height in the Vorpx settings popup so you can’t see it. Capcom has your head height placed low to begin with, anyway.

Thank you very much for posting the old setup file. I’m back to playing the game with everything working.

matt90410
    Participant

To be fair, I’m right near the end of the game so most the scenery is just caves. I did notice after posting that Mia looked like she had a hair cut but other than that didn’t notice issues.

I’m using a 1080TI if that helps.

XenomorphXX121
    Participant

On the old version I just reduced the image scale to 0000 and the ghost hand was gone

real_trisk
    Participant

If you noticed Mia had a haircut then it isn’t working properly, you are having the same problems we all are.

Maarculus
    Participant

vorpX 19.1.0 unable to hook: re7.exe

sark666
    Participant

Working fine for me. nvidia 960gtx, drivers 388.59. Haven’t updated for a while.

RJK_
    Participant

With me an nvidia driver up/downgrade did help for certain games that werent showing properly or not at all in HMD.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Maarculus: Please try to check the ‘Use alternative hooking method’ in the config app (or uncheck it if you are using it currently).

Important hint in this regard: only try this alternative method in case of issues. It’s not meant for general use, but may help from time to time if regular hooking doesn’t work for a game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!