Next Wow Addon

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Next Wow Addon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Hannes66
    Participant

will be there an update for the profile and can I use then Wow with DX12?

greetings

Hannes

steph12
    Participant

we do not know if dx12 will improve things, DX12 is way overrated.

Hannes66
    Participant

At the moment DX12 is the dx-version of the Wow-Beta and vorpx won´t work with it. You can switch in the aktual Beta to DX11 but there is no 3d in Wow. So the is the question can i play it when the addon comes.

greetings Hannes

steph12
    Participant

beta in dx11 does not have g3D ?

weird.

i’m actually playing wow in G3D in dx11, not the beta but regular game.

Hannes66
    Participant

Hello
    you can use g3d in Beta but screen is flat. Its the same as you turn it off.
    If u use DX12 in Beta Wow donnt hook.

greetings Hannes

Ralf
    Keymaster

DX12 won’t work with vorpX for the time being (and probably doesn’t really bring any substantial improvemnts for a game as old as WoW anyway).

In regard to the beta client: please use the regular client for vorpX. Unfortunately it’s not feasible to keep track of and adjust vorpX profiles for a beta version game client.

steph12
    Participant

well bad news.

with the pre patch, G3D does not work anymore :/ even with dx11.

too bad, i’ve had a blast for weeks playing wow in G3D, such a an amazing work Ralf.

i hope you’ll make wow playable in G3D someday.

they also removed mouse (software/hardware) rendering, now we only have hardware mouse and it’s not the best thing to play wow in g3D, damn !

that’s a shame, playing wow in VR brought a new life and a new interest for me in wow which i was bored to death playing on flat screen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it shortly. No promises, but this might be fixable with a profile update.

steph12
    Participant

cool, thanks Ralf :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good news: a profile update will suffice to get it working again.

Will be uploaded to the cloud sometime next week. Unfortunately not only the basic 3D has to be fixed, but also many shader definitions (sky, HUD, shadows etc.) must be redone which takes quite a bit of time since they have to be tested in multiple start areas to catch everything.

steph12
    Participant

great news, thank you very much Ralf, looking forward to that profile update :) cheers !

Hannes66
    Participant

Hello
    What about the profile updat? Can I play the next addon with Oculus or have i wait until 2 or three weeks again?

greetinge Hannes

steph12
    Participant

patience is a virtue :)

i’m sure Ralf is working as hard as he can.

halfmonty
    Participant

Curious about this profile update as well. Checked the cloud profiles and tried importing the official one (no clue if it had been updated since there’s no upload dates) and G3D still doesn’t work.

Any chance to get a update on the progress or when to expect it?

As a software developer, I’d be happy to lend a hand…

Hannes66
    Participant

Hi
    when can we expect the update? Ralph wrote that he need a few days. Now we have two weeks. It was nice to becom some information.

greetings Hannes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!