ni no kuni 2 in Z3D working.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings ni no kuni 2 in Z3D working.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hello,

abzu official profile works with ni no kuni 2, in Z3D.
    playable in cinematic mode, tweak at your likings.
    if you find a g3D profile working, please let us know :p

steph12
    Participant

i played 5 hours straight ni no kuni 2 in VR with that profile Z3D, 3D strengh 1.30, near/depth 0.30, cinematic mod with maximum curves -0.20 offset distance and i had a blast, just a warning tho, if you alt+tab or change something in the graphics option, or reduce windows and restore windows, 3D effect will be gone and you’ll have to close the game, and restart the game.

and also each time i end my playing session, game closes normally, but steam desktop freezes and i have to close steamVR.. but i dont care, playing ni no kuni 2 in VR is so amazing, usually i dont like Z3D much but in this game the 3D effect is really good (for my taste) still i’d prefer G3D for sure :p

oh i also use headtracking 100% headtracking strenght and 1.6 headtracking sensibility.

final note (for now) there is some ghosting around characters but nothing disturbing while playing, more noticeable in cinematics.

RJK_
    Participant

I play such games rather with 3D-Vision where the 3D effect is more real. For my taste Z3D and stuff is a joke. Just position yourself close to a 3D Object and compare it with a 3D Vision view and youll know what i am talking about.
    Do you own 3D-Vision ? IF not its really worth trying as long vorpX doesnt cover more games.

steph12
    Participant

3d vision ? you mean a nvidia 3D vision monitor ?

RJK_
    Participant

and i had a blast,

the 3D effect probably comes out so good because as far i can tell by looking at some screenshots, the game seems some kind of a comic drawing, am i right ?

Yes, i am talking about a 3D-Vision Monitor. I have bought a couple of used ones recently including 3D glasses, they are quite cheap at the moment. I would recommend the ASUS VG-278H with the inbuilt emitter, this is the best monitor you can buy. Dont buy Acer, i had one bofore, they have problems with displaying 3D properly.

steph12
    Participant

and i had a blast,

the 3D effect probably comes out so good because as far i can tell by looking at some screenshots, the game seems some kind of a comic drawing, am i right ?

Yes, i am talking about a 3D-Vision Monitor. I have bought a couple of used ones recently including 3D glasses, they are quite cheap at the moment. I would recommend the ASUS VG-278H with the inbuilt emitter, this is the best monitor you can buy. Dont buy Acer, i had one bofore, they have problems with displaying 3D properly.

ah, well i bought one years ago, like 6 years ago or so, and i sold it after a few months, that 3D effect ruined my eyes.

ni no kuni 2 in z3D looks really good, i’m like you i dont like Z3D much, i prefer G3D so much, but for this specific game, Z3D works amazingly well. and yes it’s kinda cartoonish, cellshading.

RJK_
    Participant

Today i tried Sudeki, a quite similar game (no G3D yet) with vorpX and youre right Z3D can give such type of games quite a 3D effect.

steph12
    Participant

:) if some day you get ni no kuni 2, you should really give it a try ^^

wontang
    Participant

I can’t seem to make Abzu profile work for Ni No Kuni 2. I created a new profile based on Abzu on my local profiles and added Nino2.exe but It come out flat, no 3d effect. I messed with vorpx settings but i can’t seem to figure out. Could you tell me what i’m doing wrong here? I would love to play Ni No Kuni 2 in 3D.

steph12
    Participant

you have htc vive ?

wontang
    Participant

yes!

steph12
    Participant

have you tried to run vorpx as administrator ? by checking the box ?
    have you made custom profiles yet ? if no, maybe reset vorpx to factory settings ?
    have you latest vorpx version ?

for me it just worked that way, i did a copy of abzu profile, added nino2.exe to that copy, launched the game, switched to Z3D (not adaptative one) but first Z3D, and it was working great out of the box, just did a few tweaks to strenght, near/depth, screen distance, headtracking strenght etc to fit my taste.

and like i said, when you start ni no kuni 2 with vorpx, if you do anything like alt+TAB, changing ingame graphics options, minimizing windows and restoring it (if you play fullscreen), the 3D effect breaks and you have to close the game and start it again.

wontang
    Participant

I figured it out. the frame was capped at 60 fps ingame and that somehow made it appear not 3d. Thank you :D

steph12
    Participant

cool :)

have fun ^^

RJK_
    Participant

Can you show us an SBS screenshot of that game ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!