Nice – but I give up [solved]

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Nice – but I give up [solved]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SvenH
    Participant

Thanks a lot , Ralph, for releasing the new Version before Christmas.
    but it still doesnt work for me.
    Tried F1 2014 or F1 2013 and regardless what I am doing , I am not able to get a Picture of the rift which is working.

The Pictures are so disjointed and just not matching.
    rFactor 2 is not working either.

Sorry, I was hoping the best but still not working

REgards
    Sven

moarveer
    Participant

Is the game running at 1080p? Have you tried tweaking the IPD setting in the Vorpx ingame menu?

Ralf
    Keymaster

rFactor 2 is not supported and might or might not work. Many unsupported games will work with no 3D vut VR functionality available, but there are no guarantees.

Your convergence issues are almost certainly caused by a wrong resolution like moarveer mentions (1920×1080 is mandatory for the DK2) or by a non-ideal IPD setting. You can adjust the FOV on the display page of the vorpX ingame menu (deselect using an Oculus profile in the config app if the setting is unavailable).

SvenH
    Participant

Thanks for the quick Response.

Getting closer. I used the calibration function in the Vorpx menue and was able to allign the Pictures.
    Now I can see one Picture.

However, following issues now.
    – I can not really see the menue at the bottom of the program.
    I can assume which one to choose and able to get to a race
    – however in the car, I see no movement. Feels like a big Screen moving but not like I am in the car and view around

Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

Regarding menus that aren’t visible, please check the EdgePeek function (middle mouse button). In case you didn’t do so already, please also check the Essential Game Hints and the Quick Reference. Both have valuable tips how to deal with this and other inherent issues.

For head tracking in most Codemasters games you basically have two options. Personally I also like playing these games simply with EdgePeek constantly enabled for some pseudo head tracking, but you might not like that.

1. Using OpenTrack for TrackIR emulation (preferred method), I’m not sure though whether F1 2014 still has TrackIR support.

2. Emulating a gamepad axis with the head tracking. This is not ideal for various reasons, but better that nothing:

1. Press [DEL] to open the in-game menu
    2. Go to Input page
    3. Set ‘Handle Gamepads Internally’ to Off
    4. Set ‘Headtracking as Gamepad’ to Relative or Absolute depending on the game. You should get a grasp of what is better quickly.
    5. Map the emulated ‘gamepad’ to the look around functions in the game you want to play. Do not leave this step out, it’s vital!

Now you are able to look around in your cockpit. The view has to be centered from time to time because of possible yaw drift. There is a shortcut for centering.

goshops
    Participant

I play F1 2014 regularly on my DK2, which is awesome with the new update, but I’ve found it is easiest for me to not have the lens cups in as I am navigating through the menu, once I get set up and go to track, I’ll put in the lens cups and haven’t had any issues.

SvenH
    Participant

Thanks, Gosophs, that sounds encouraging.

Any Chance to explain how you have set it up step by step ?
    I am not able to get it to work.
    Currently using Virtual Desktop which gives me a better solution, however you seem to have solved it. WOuld be great if you could share with us !

Removing the lens Cup each time I am using the menue is not an Option for me. I had dust one time on the Screen and this was very annoying.

What I dont like as well is that I need to Setup my rift each time a Primary to get it working. Hope you have solved this as well

Really much appreciate any help !
    Merry Christmas to all of you
    Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ goshops: Just in case you didn’t find the EdgePeek function until now: by pressing the middle mouse button (usually the mousewheel) you can look around the whole screen. There should be no need to take off the lenses normally.

@ Sven: Did you try to select “Show on Rift DK2” in the monitor selection of the vorpX config app when your Rift is set to secondary? That should work with almost any game, definitely including F1 2014.

SvenH
    Participant

Hello Ralph, thanks for the hint.
    Tried it again and F1 2014 is working.
    Very nice ! I am using Opentrack for head tracking ! That is working as well.

But the FOV is to close. Is there any possibility to make this a Little more far away ?
    Looks like I am getting warm with Vorpx ;-)

Regards
    Sven

SvenH
    Participant

Hellop Ralph,
    still a Little bit of a to big steering in F1 but working great.

Please Change the subject title.”I give up” to “solved”

And you know what “rfactor 2” is working just great. With the “R2toRift” plugin it just works great. The “edgepeek” function is perfect to view the whole Screen and use the menue.
    in rfactor 2 you can really look around and not just as a big Screen.
    The steering wheel is still a little big to big but I can live with that.

Best experience I ever had with rFactor 2 so far.

and important note for the other user ! To ensure that the game is starting in the rift if must work in full Screen and not in window mode.
    That was my error why it didnt appear on the rift

Great work ! now I am a very happy Vorpx user

Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad this is solved. Happy driving!

SvenH
    Participant

THanks, Ralph. Definitly good work and you can add rFactor 2 to the list which are working with Vorpx
    Regards
    Sven

SvenH
    Participant

By the way, do you know by chance how to Change the FOV in F1 2014 as currently the view is to Close to the wheel. Almost sitting on the wheel ;-)
    REgards
    Sven

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!