Nier Automata crashing

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Nier Automata crashing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DemiD
    Participant

I am running in an issue with Nier Automata. I tried to google / reddit / search in this forum. Couldn’t find anyone with the same problem.

VorpX hooks into Nier Automata fine. I can browse the menu / change settings.
    As soon as I start a new game / load a save file, the game shows its loading screen for like 1 second and then crashes back to desktop.

This happens with the default VorpX profile as well as the custom profile provided by user “whorpxgam”.

I have disabled anti-aliasing as sugested by the default profile. I even tried to force-disable anti-aliasing in the Nvidia ControlCenter.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does it work for you when you don’t have vorpX running?

Incidentally I checked the game two days ago while playtesting the next vorpX release. Crashed for me with or without vorpX, so I figured it has to be some general issue after some recent graphics driver or Windows 10 update or so and didn’t ivestigate further.

DemiD
    Participant

LOL, I’ve just tried it without VorpX. Does crash at the exact same point.
    In case it is related to recent Win 10 update: Are you in the insider program? Because I am, which means I get some buggy Windows 10 updates very now and then.

Currently I am running Version 1903 / Build 18362.535

Ralf
    Keymaster

The build number shows 18363.535 here, but it’s not an insider build. Just the most recent regular Windows 10.

PaulM
    Participant

You are not alone, and it’s not a vorpX or Windows issue. Oculus Rift causes the access violation error. You have to unplug your headset from your PC if you want to play the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Interesting find. Works indeed perfectly fine with other headsets, so it has to be the Oculus software that somehow interferes. Odd that that also happens without vorpX, that’s not something one would expect.

dborosev
    Participant

Anyone know if this has been resolved?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Seems to work again for me in a brief test. I don’t recall to have done anything about it, so I guess Oculus, nVidia or whoever might have been responsible has fixed the underlying problem in the meantime.

dborosev
    Participant

Nice. Another game I never got around to that I can try.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!