Nier Automata not working?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Nier Automata not working?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    forlaunchcast
    Participant

I just got Nier Automata edition on Xbox Game Pass and upon launching it after vorpx appears to hook, the game shuts down immediately. Using Reverb 1. Have tried getting it to work on a pre-WMR portal open and on a post-WMR portal open basis.

I know Nier Automata is a supported game, but am wondering:

1) The Xbox Game Pass version is actually “Nier Automata BECOME AS GODS edition” so maybe this isn’t technically supported.
    2) While I have gotten Xbox Game Pass games to work in the past, maybe they have issues with the new vorpx version.

Thanks for any intel as I was looking forward to playing this in vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Incidentally the Steam version has been fixed for this release, so I’m 100% sure the profile itself works. There are two potential issues with Game Pass games:

1. They might have been compiled as UWP (Windows Store) apps. In that case there isn’t really anything that can be done. UWP apps run in a sandbox and can’t be hooked.

2. They might indeed just be different editions. Implications of that may include anything from profiles failing to load (e.g. if the .exe is named differently) over important tweaks not being applicable due to changed config paths to shader definitions not working since shaders have been changed.

In other words: trying a Game Pass version of a game is pretty much a lottery. Although with better chances than your typical actual lottery.

I check Game Pass games occasionally, at least those that seem to be more popular to me, but not every Game Pass related issue is resolvable. Those under 2) usually are, UWP apps however are a lost cause. If in doubt, grab a game in some Steam sale. The Steam editions always are those with the highest priority.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf. Really appreciate the detailed response.

I haven’t had Gamepass for long, but I was able to get Edith Finch and Darksiders Genesis working with no problem (this was a couple of months ago). I’ll fiddle with some things and let you know if I can get Nier working, but it sounds like it might be UWP. And, yes, much more willing to put my money on a working vorpx Gamepass profile than a lottery ticket…any day!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that theoretically the Game Pass edition should work, but unfortunately crashes on launch with vorpX. The Steam version is working perfectly fine, so something is different here.

I’ll try to figure out what is going on, but no promises. Just briefly checked so far, so I don’t know whether the issue is fixable.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf! Yeah, would be awesome if it’s working, but I suspect it’s a different version (you can see the uproar on Steam that their version isn’t as polished). I’m sending you positive thoughts! I think a while back this was one of your highly recommended vorpx games so am really excited to give it a go. Semi-related, no problem getting Jedi Fallen Order or Octotraveler hooking on Gamepass, so issue could be specific to Nier or the whole UWP thingie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!