Nier Automata Right Eye Black

Homepage Forums Technical Support Nier Automata Right Eye Black

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BrotherKennyH
    Participant

Hi,
    I decided to give Nier Automata a go with vorpx.
    It took me a while to figure out the AV was blocking Vorpx, but after a while I can get the game to load and hook in just fine.

I tried the 3D settings and seem to be unable to play the game with any 3D. On Z-normal and Z-adaptive the screen does not show in 3D. I was wondering if the Geometry option would work, but when I try this I only see the game with the left eye. The right eye is a black screen.

I read on some other games that this was caused by AA being turned on. I have this turned of for Nier and still have the problem.

Any idea what I do to fix this?

On a side note, I also had some trouble with head tracking. I play my games with inverted y axis. I think this game is best played with a controller. The VR headset is just to add immersion and 3D. I think it makes sense to play with the camera control on the analogue stick. However, it would be nice for head tracking to work effectively as well. When the Y-axis is inverted the game also inverts the head tracking y-axis, so looking up becomes down etc. Its not usable unless you change the game back to standard y-axis orientation, but for me standard y-axis makes using the controller difficult. The invert head tracking option in the vorpx menu don’t seem to make a difference.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Inverted mouse: you can invert the head tracking y-axis in the vorpX menu do deal with that in games with mouse emulation head tracking.

G3D/Z3D: Try to restart the game with G3D after clicking OK&SAVE in the vorpX menu. Some games don’t work right after switching from Z3D to G3D. For performance reasons vorpX skips some work that is required for G3D while Z3D is active, which in some cases can make it necessary to restart a game after switching from Z3D to G3D.

Update: just checked the game and it doesn’t work right anymore at all. I’ll take a closer look next week. Probably won’t work until the next vorpX update.

BrotherKennyH
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate anything you can do to help.
    Also. I note I did go into vorpx menu and invert the y-axis head tracking. This setting doesn’t currently seem to be working for me. In fact the only setting affecting the y-axis direction is the one in the Nier menu.

BrotherKennyH
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I am still having an issue with the right eye being black. I have installed the recent update and am still getting the issue.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Kenny

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just briefly checked the game again, should work now. So nothing I can recommend besides resetting both the game’s graphics settings and the vorpX profile to default (you can to the latter in the config app). Also make sure to check the messages vorpX displays on start in the headset and the top left corner of the game window.

BrotherKennyH
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the help. I didn’t have much luck. However, I reinstalled the game and now it’s working great. Not sure why it wasn’t working in the first place.

Cheers

Kenny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!