No 3D in NBA 2K21?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings No 3D in NBA 2K21?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Hi, I was testing NBA 2K21 with Vorpx. Vorpx attaches correctly and runs as expected, it shows me the in-game menu and I have the possibility of using Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive… but there is no 3D. What am I missing? Right now it’s just like I’m playing a pancake game on a big screen in the Quest 2. I want to play it in immersive mode, but I’m just not seeing any 3D effect. Is this possible or does it just not work for NBA 2K21? (haven’t seen any posts about it).

Best, Hugo

pixelcowboy
    Participant

I would also love to know, really want to play this in VR immersive.

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

As a reference, I read in these forums that people are enjoying the FIFA soccer game in 3D, and I also know myself that Diablo 3 opens normally with Vorpx in 3D (although it’s not one of the most impressive ones IMO). So I’m assuming NBA 2K21 should work in 3D but maybe there is some other impossibility stopping it from happening? Calling on the experts :D

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Maybe Ralf can give us a clue on this one?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I managed to get G3D running tonight with the free version that Epic store gave out last month. It’s been years since I played a sports game, so it was neat to see how far the models and animations have come – all the more on a large 3D virtual screen.

For anyone who wants to try it, I’ve added NBA 2K21 (G3D) to the cloud.

– use a 16:9 resolution (1920×1080 recommended, good performance and still looks great here)

*ctrl+C to reveal mouse cursor in menus
    *tested on HP G1 with keyboard/mouse

Controller not yet tested, hopefully it won’t give you any problems.

3D strength at default 2.00 should resemble near life-size scale in immersive screen mode, but you can switch to the cinema lounge and increase the strength if you really want the 3D to pop. Enjoy.

pixelcowboy
    Participant

Awesome, how did you manage to do it? What did you base it on from?

pixelcowboy
    Participant

Wow, just tested, it looks really freaking good. Please, reveal your dark magic, how did you get it to work?

Twinguistics
    Participant

Thanks for this, it works fantastically well and is one of the most impressive experiences I’ve had with Vorpx.

A question- why did you leave the 3d strength at just 2. I’ve increased to 4 and it pops more and so I’m wondering what I’m missing?

dellrifter22
    Participant

You can set the 3D strength to whatever you like best really.

In my headset, 2.0 makes the athletes look near life-size in closeup scenes, which for me makes it feel more like VR. The stronger you push 3D, the smaller in scale everything will appear.

I tried to set a compromise of screen size and 3D strength to best match the camera FOV for most action scenes and huddles, and give the feeling of watching an actual game from the stands, but feel free to adjust to whatever works best in your headset. Glad it’s working for everyone.

Twinguistics
    Participant

Ok cool, thanks. I’ve honestly not noticed that increasing 3d strength makes thing appear smaller.

Anyway, great work on this. It’s a game changer and I don’t think I’d even be playing the game without this. With it, I’m addictived to My team! Opening packs in 3d makes my dopamine receptors fizzle nicely lol.

lokiss88
    Participant

Pretty amazing, it looks so realistic and performance doesn’t drop a judder.

Certainly one of the best VorpX experiences, outstanding. Finding it difficult to choose the best camera angle though.

Thanks for doing the profile, awesome stuff.

frankalexandre
    Participant

Can you guys play in Geometry? With Geometry mode my GPU usage is 99% all the time and i have lots of frame drops and stutters. Fine with Adaptive modes. Using a 3080/5900x

Mazzle
    Participant

I was under the impression that the recent 2k games wouldn’t work with vorpx, but clearly that’s wrong. This works flawlessly. I haven’t noticed any artifacts so far, and everything is very clear and readable. Great job. I’m not sure how a profile becomes an official one, but this seems like it would be a good candidate.

FWIW, I bumped the strength to 4 as well. 5 did make it seem like the guys were too small.

Frank, I haven’t noticed any stuttering and I have a way weaker video card (2080 Super).

(If anyone has problems getting it to attach, check your exclude list. I bone-headedly forgot that I had put NBA 2k21 on my exclude list ages ago.)

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Can somebody kindly upload this profile. Looks like it’s no longer available in the cloud.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!