no 3d window

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion no 3d window

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    steeldawn65
    Participant

Hi Ralf i have a problem might not necessarily be vorpx drivers. When launching a game in an mode extended clones etc all i get is the doubled window in either my desktop or the rift .Seems like the dk2 isn’t converging the 2 windows into a 3d single view can you help thanks .All settings in game are 1920×1080 etc. thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you use Windows 8? There is in error in the vorpX documentation about the display orientation. In Win8 it has to be set to set “Landscape flipped” instead of “Portrait”.

Your description sounds like the issue that is caused by using “Portrait” in Win8.

steeldawn65
    Participant

no im using windows 7. In extended mode the rift screen is black until i make a game windowed and drag it into vie and then its 2d and in one eye . In cloned mode its 2d in both eyes but with the 2 windows again same for show desktop 1 mode which is making rift the primary monitor its simply not converging the 2 images to one 3d one when games are run without vorpx in cloned mode the game is one solid window and not split since vorpx isnt running but in 2d.

steeldawn65
    Participant

for eg. this is what i see directly in the rift but not converged, in other words its mirroring in both extended and cloned mode exactly what i see on the desktop

steeldawn65
    Participant
    Ralf
    Keymaster

This screenshot is not from vorpX. You probably have a d3d9.dll in your Skyrim folder. Please remove it, it doesn’t belong there per default.

There should never be a d3d9.dll in any game directory since this causes a conflict with vorpX.

steeldawn65
    Participant

HI NO THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I SEE AS I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TAKE AN IN GAME SCREENSHOT YET

steeldawn65
    Participant
    steeldawn65
    Participant

This is exactly what i see in the rift same as the desktop

steeldawn65
    Participant
    steeldawn65
    Participant

in both full screen and windowed in the rift

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, if I understand correctly you are running the DK2 in clone mode, right?

This will not work. The vorpX documentation has a step-by-step setup guide with pictures. It’s probably easier to check that, before I explain it here again without the images. It’s important to set the display options in vorpX correctly, depending on whether you use the Rift as primary display or not. But that’s all explained in the documentation.

Running games windowed should not be necessary, might even do more harm than good.

steeldawn65
    Participant

it still gives the same effect in either cloned or extended mode via windows with the above vorpx config

steeldawn65
    Participant

i wonder if i unplugged camera would that make a difference

steeldawn65
    Participant

everything else works perfectly tracking etc. If i put windows settings to show desktop 2 only ie. my monitor and use vorpx cloned selection option the game lauches but still same as above pics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!