No Display in HMD Skyrim, other Steam games

Homepage Forums Technical Support No Display in HMD Skyrim, other Steam games

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AtreidesGhola
    Participant

I’m unsure what I’m doing incorrectly. Whenever I launch a game, Steam VR shows it’s status as exiting, and I can only a blank virtual environment in the headset, as shown below:

Skryim Not Running in Headset

You’ll need to right click and open the image in a new window to see it.

This happens with nearly all games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds like a lot like something on your PC interfering with vorpX. Please follow the steps in the trouble shoot sticky post on top of this sub-forum.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

AtreidesGhola
    Participant

I just came upon the solution – the Steam VR Home Beta Software is what causes the crash when you try to load up a game with vorpX. In the Steam VR settings, disable the SteamVR Home Beta, and everything works just great.

I noticed others with a similar problem – including some posts on the Open VR Runtime error. That cleared up with disabling the Home beta, too.

That information might deserve to be stickied somewhere.

Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!