No head tracking in Portal 2 DirectVR Fail

Homepage Forums Technical Support No head tracking in Portal 2 DirectVR Fail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

Is this the case for everyone? Is there a fix?

I’m using Valve Index motion controllers, no gamepad. The mouse is active.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try a factory reset in the config app. I’m 95% certain that the pre-cached DirectVR values that come with the latest vorpX version should still be valid, so you shouldn’t have to run the scanner normally.

If the game has been updated and you actually have to run the scanner, try a few times if it fails. Move around a bit if it fails the first time.

Note that the scanner may not work if you are using/playing mods.

lipplog
    Participant

Clean install. No mods.

If by Factory Reset you mean Restore Game Settings, yes, I restored the game settings for Portal 2 and ran the game. No head tracking and scans fail. Then I tried importing the official VorpX profile from the cloud and ran the game again. Still no head tracking, and Direct VR scans still fail no matter how much I moved around. Then I tried importing different user profiles. Some of them gave me head tracking right away, but still required a scan to correct distortion. The result of which was always field of view fail and the loss of head tracking.

Would sending you data files help figure out what’s wrong?

lipplog
    Participant

Oh, I also tried Restore Profile under the Troubleshooting section with the same results. Did not do the Full Factory Reset option as my other game profiles seem to be working.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I meant factory reset on purpose since that clears the DirectVR scanner cache. Alternatively try to delete the C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX\Cache folder.

Caveat: The ProgramData folder is hidden by Windows. If you can’t see it, enable ‘Show hidden files’ in the Windows Explorer options.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!