No m/k/gamepad/wand controls in horizon zero dawn

Homepage Forums Technical Support No m/k/gamepad/wand controls in horizon zero dawn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anDime
    Participant

I am using a Quest 2 with VD and now Air Link. I start Steam VR, then HZD, I get in-game, and have no controls. I can go to the desktop, click on HZD, which opens the mirrored window then on the desktop, switch back to VR, controls work, but as soon as the loading bar is finished it crashes.

I saw gamepad emulation mentioned a few times, but I can’t seem to find a good tutorial on how to set it up. Or what i have to do to get my gamepad (PS5) working.

Thanks in advance,
    Kind regards

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX handles XBox gamepad input. I’m not really sure how a PS5 gamepad works on Windows, but if you can play the game with a gamepad normally, I would expect that to just work with vorpX too.

The gamepad to mouse/kb emulation can be found on the Input Settings page of the vorpX ingame menu. It gets enabled when you set XBox Gamepad Override to anything else than ‘None’. Button mappings can also be configured from there. For that to work vorpX will have to be able to detect your gamepad as X-Box gamepad.

Not sure why the Touch controllers wouldn’t work TBH, per default they should be set to keyboard/mouse emulation mode. Can you see them in the headset after launching the game? You may have to press a button before they show up.

anDime
    Participant

It seems to be specific to HZD. Testing it with Rocket League in Epic games store, it works as intended, any input get’s recognized. In steam, I also tested a simpler game like Brawlhalla over Steam VR, which again, recognizes every input (k/m/gamepad/wands).

Now in HZD, I reset the profile, no input get’s recognized. Now, when I start HZD in SteamVR I -> then go to desktop, click on HZD (which looks like the window get’s mirrored to the desktop) -> and then go back to VR, I get k/m/gamepad input, but without wands, they are visible but they do have no influence in game. I guess this is because through this workaround, my input used the flat path, not the steamVR input path. Due to the HZD profile reset, the game doesn’t crash anymore with the workaround, but I still don’t know where the issue is.

anDime
    Participant

Edit: To be clear, even DEL to open VorpX doesn’t work for me in HZD, except when I use the mentioned workaround. I tried to enable there keyboard/mouse or gamepad in the vorpx input settings and disable head tracking, but still don’t have any input after restarting the game without the workaround.

anDime
    Participant

Edit2: I tried to test it with Death Stranding through Epic, but unlike Rocket League, vorpx fails to attach. Maybe it is some problem with DX12 games in general? I used steamVR in Vorpx general settings.

anDime
    Participant

Edit3 The problem seems to be theatre mode and HZD in general, because I could not get HZD to start in theatre mode, only with injecting through vorpx. I guess thats why no input arrives. But I could automate my workaround, adding -vr2dgames to the HZD launch options in steam, this somehow selects the desktop window, making it possible to use k/m/g. No performance hit, to my understanding we have both a desktop “singleview” window of the game and the injected VR view anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!