no output on the vr headset.

Homepage Forums Technical Support no output on the vr headset.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gguuxocipd
    Participant

hello,
    after many tries with clone desktop and vorpx settings i get very often, the problem that the game is not shown on the vr headset. half life 2, left for dead 2, bf 4. how can i teach vorpx to use display 2. in the settings i have selected my headset.”Generic VR Headset, DR=1920 x 1080, VFOW 59°, show on SIE HMD(psvr) ” the settings should be correct?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX does not work natively with PSVR headsets, you need a second application that can make your PSVR look like a SteamVR headset (e.g. iVRy) and then select ‘SteamVR’ as your headset type in vorpX, not the ‘Generic VR Display’.

That way you will also be able to use the desktop viewer BTW.

gguuxocipd
    Participant

in cyberpunk 2077 it works wonderfully. in this game you can set the game to be displayed on the “monitor 2” (psvr). F.E.A.R 1 it went without problems, although you could not set the option in the game. except that you can not play the game 20fps :/. it feels like that vorpx sometimes can not set it automatically. if it would go in mirroring/clone mode would be great, my main monitor has 1080p. iVRy is weird and does not work most of the time, there you are 90% of the time busy steam + steam vr restart or the driver displays it only black and white. if i start trinus, which i bought before vorpx, in steam vr mode and then start a game with vorpx it also comes to errors with steam vr. that’s why i find the Generic VR Headset mode great, because it’s great with games in which you can set the monitor output manually. without much headache with steam vr. it would be nice if a way can be found, since your ingame settings are great, to make it work. maybe i’m just making a beginner’s mistake.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX can try to force games to a specific monitor in ‘Generic Headset’ mode. The option is more or less an almost forgotten leftover from the Oculus devkit days 8 years ago, but should come in handy for your use case. You can find it on the ‘General’ page of the config app under ‘Display/Monitors’

Doesn’t work for every game, but is definitely worth a shot.

gguuxocipd
    Participant

i think in f.e.a.r. this option helps. i only use the option in vorpx, for playing it’s perfect. you don’t need all the annoying steam vr stuff that constantly crashes or doesn’t load or freezes, etc. i think the option display/monitors shwo on “SIE HMD”, in my case, should gernerell be given new attention. would be great if it would work constantly or with a small workaround. sry that I’m talking about trinus now, there is an option if the force itself does not work, that you can move the VR content with a key combination. have now 4-5 days a vr entry headset and around steam vr I make a big bow when it comes to play an old game in 3d. there are felt only problems and you come felt not to play. with steam certified hardware, this is certainly a lesser problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!