No sterepscopic 3D?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion No sterepscopic 3D?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DrLilo
    Participant

When I first got VorpX it seemed to work brilliantly, but this past few weeks it seems to be unable to run games with any visible stereoscopy.. I don’t know if it’s due to a recent graphics card driver update (nVidia) or something I’ve done, but reinstalling hasn’t helped… Every game is just flat.

DrLilo
    Participant

Stereoscopic*

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds quite odd, especially since it worked earlier. Works still fine here with the latest GeForce driver, so that’s not the cause of the issue.

Please check that ‘3D-Reconstruction’ is not set to ‘Off’ and ‘Eye Separation’ is set to a value higher than 0.0. These are the two settings that influence the stereo effect.

BTW: vorpX uses two very different approaches for creating Stereo 3D. All supported games have Z-Buffer 3D, many of them Geometry 3D. Geometry 3D offers the most lifelike 3D experience, while Z-Buffer 3D is twice as fast (but has ‘less 3D’). Especially in resource hungry games you should consider the Z-Buffer mode. Smooth and silky 60fps are very important for a great Rift experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi! Installed Your program and run into the same problems in Life 4 Dead mode Z-Buffer 3D no effect. For the sake of experiment launched Half life 2 mode 3D Geometry everything works in the Z-Buffer no! But in the Life 4 Dead mode 3D Geometry is not there.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Left for Dead is not officially support in the current vorpX version, that’s why there is no Stereo 3D. vorpX tries to run even unsupported games, but in most cases without S3D. Normally a message is displayed on startup whenever that is the case.

The next update of vorpX will have full support for L4D2.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! If you can still and 1 part of L4D.
    Another question whether it is realized as well as in HL2 separate rotating the head of sight and the absence of a split sight?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!