No stuttering at all, but only with xbox-controller!

Homepage Forums Technical Support No stuttering at all, but only with xbox-controller!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

Playing GENERATON ZERO hooked to a cloud-profile:

Works like a charm, but the following problem occurs in all modes, FullVR, ImmersiveScreen and TheaterScreen, regardless of what configuration i change.

Movement Forward/Backward/Strafing: No problem
    Head-Movement: Stuttering, regardless if it´s with mouseview or headtracking, tracking set to fast/safe also doesn´t help.

NOW here it gets interesting: No stuttering when i use xbox360 controller!

Despite i wouldn´t have a problem playing it with xbox360 controller, i´d still prefer to play this one with mouse (or headtracking) but regardless of this all, i´d like to know what is causing this, so that i am aware of it in case it happens again with other titles.

Smoils
    Participant

Some games cant input both mouse/keyboard and controller input, head tracking by default is done as mouse input. Usually I get stuttering in games using default head tracking with controller since it switches to mouse mode for head then back to controller input when I move.

Vorpx has option to emulate head tracking through controller api and if profile has that enabled that you’d see issue how you described it. I dont remember tab where it has a setting for it, but it should be easy to find, just open vorpx control and see how head tracking is emulated.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Thank you very much Smoils! Really appreciate it!

I anyway keep on trying what possible reasons could be along with trying even more different configurations while i am done with all possible configurations within the game´s settings itself, next thing i try will be as you said, looking for that head-tracking emulation…

PS: Probably the title here wasn´t really picked wisely, as it wrongly reads like xbox-controller actually would cause the stuttering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!