No video

Homepage Forums Technical Support No video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    woodco
    Participant

Just bought Vorpx, and trying to get it working. I am testing it out on Witcher since it is a supported game. I have it on steam. I tried the config to occulous first, but switched it to Steam VR mode after it didnt load. The audio switched right over to the VR set, and there is a flicker of the screen once in a while on the headset. When I launch vorpx it says “attaching to vorpx desktop” and steam VR launches.

The Vorpx icon shows a small black screen when I hover. When I launch the game, the audio switches to the headset but the video wont show, aside form the occasional flicker.

I turned off Bitdefender, and read the FAQ.

Windows 10 12G ram, intel quad core I5-2400 3.10 GHz.
    Occulous Rift

Nvidia Gforce gtx 1060 3 gb

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quite likely BitDefender. One of those AV programs that are pretty hard to disable. You need at least to disable the so called “Advanced Threat Protection” in addition to the actual AV scanning module.

If you aren’t forced to use BitDefender, I would recommend to switch to Windows Defender instead. Comes free with Windows 10 and provides excellent protection without being as invasive as some other scanners. Windows Defender kicks in automatically when you uninstall your third party AV scanner on Windows 10.

woodco
    Participant

Okay. I uninstalled BD altogether, and same thing. A couple times, I have recieved this error message: Open VR runtime init failed. Vorpx will not work corretcy. Try to restart….. Open VR runtime error HMD not found (108)

Now I have a problem where I cant run anything on my headset, becasue it automatically tries to use VORPX. My VR games are now going to a desktop window made by Vorpx. How can I temproarily disable vorpx to make sure my occulous is running smoothly?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please select “Oculus Rift CV1” as your headset type in the vorpX config app for Oculus.

You can pause vorpX by right clicking its tray icon your taskbar and selceting “Pause Watcher”. From the same menu you can exit vorpX.

If you haven’t done so already, it’s worth to check the “Quickstart Guide” in the help. It answers some basic questions you may have.

woodco
    Participant

I dont have a CV1 option. I already tried changing from steam VR to occulous though. It still doesnt work.

BUT, the Vorpx will not pause or disable. There no option available. If I right click it, it only says “start vorpx” If I left click, it says its already running. I cant start anything in occulous now. It automatically opens in a vorpx window. I have checked the quickstart guide too, BTW.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Might be called ‘Oculus Rift’, sorry for the confusion.

The tray icon is in your taskbar left of the clock. If you can’t see it, Windows has hidden it. In that case click on the small up arrow close to the clock to show hidden tray icons. Looks similar to the desktop icon, just smaller.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!