Non-steam game not starting on HTC vive (Outlast 2 DEMO)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Non-steam game not starting on HTC vive (Outlast 2 DEMO)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kashade
    Participant

Hi!
    I am having trouble getting Vorpx to hook into a non-steam version of Outlast 2 using my HTC vive.

I can get Vorpx to run fine with Outlast 1 and Portal 2 when launched through steam, but any non-steam game doesnt seem to work.

What might I be doing wrong?
    I have SteamVR open and I have even tried to create a desktop shortcut through Vorpx, but every time I open the game (shortcut or not) it just launches normally on my main monitor? (sound in the HTC vive headset though – dont know if that means anything).

I have tried unplugging monitors so I only have 1 and my htc vive, but it doesnt work. It seems it is only non-steam games I have a problem with.

Hope you can help! Please ask if there is any more information you need to give an educated guess as to what might be going wrong.

Best,
    Thomas T

Kashade
    Participant

I also tried to add the game to my steam library (and even tagged it as a VR game), but that does not solve the problem either.

Jamper93
    Participant

I am also having this problem all of my Steam games work but when i try to play​ anything from origin i just get a notification telling me that there was an error on startup (base start).

Jamper93
    Participant

I had everything running fine until the latest update and now i can only play steam games through vorpx.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Kashade
    Participant

I dont get any error messages. It just doesnt start up in a stereoscopic format. It just boots regularly.

Jamper93
    Participant

I’m using a cv1 rift so it might be different I’m not sure i have googled this exact message but i can’t find anything about it. I did disable the overlay however that had no effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!