Non-Vorpx games with Vorpx?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Non-Vorpx games with Vorpx?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Congo1986
    Participant

I keep thinking that I see hints that other games may work in Vorpx. I want to play Rust with Vorpx. Does anyone know if this is possible? Also, Lost Alpha is listed as having support, but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For all S.T.A.L.K.E.R games please make sure to select the DX9 renderer in the game’s options menu.

vorpX generally tries to hook into all DX9-11 games. So even unsupported ones often work to a degree. Usually unsupported games have most VR related features available, but no Stereo 3D.

You can also copy existing profiles in the config app and apply other programs to these copies. No guarantee that this will work, but it’s worth a shot for games that are based on the same graphics engine.

Congo1986
    Participant

Thanks for the tips on STALKER Ralf! Going to try that tonight!

As far as your second point about non-supported games… I guess that is exactly one of the things I’m questioning how to do. I saw the profiles, and the community cloud profiles. I just don’t know how to apply profiles to other games. Like, say I wanted to try applying Skyrim’s profile to a game that is not in the supported list, such as 7 Days to Die, how would I do that? Do I do it in the VorpX configure? I’ve been looking for how to do it, but haven’t been able to figure this out, or find out from searching.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Ah, okay. Not much to it.

1. Select the profile you want to copy on the locale profiles page of the config app.
    2. Click the button labeled “Create new profile based in this one”
    3. Type in a name for the new profile in the dialog that now opens.
    4. Apply the game’s main .exe to the copied profile.

If you successfully created a profile, don’t forget to share it on the cloud, so others can use it too!

Congo1986
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! Once again, so simple that I feel stupid for asking afterwards. Will be playing around with this quite a bit to see if I can get Rust working.

Congo1986
    Participant

No dice so far on the Stalker games. Went into setting, changed to DX 9, and also messed around with a lot of other settings. The games start on the monitor and never in the headset. SteamVR is on as well, and I have also tried with it off. Also tried starting straight from the exe. Also imported a cloud version of the profile. I’ve tried both call of Pripyat, and Lost Alpha. Let me know if there is something else I’m missing!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you happen to own the GOG versions of the games, you can try to create a vorpX desktop shortcut (right click the tray icon, choose the according option). These shortcuts may hook more reliably in some cases than the auto detection.

This only works for games that are started directly though (like games from GOG). For most Steam games this method will not work.

Congo1986
    Participant

Yea, its the Steam Version of both games. When I start them, whether I start them from Steam or their executable, they just launch on the flat screen and not the HMD. This is using the HTC Vive. If you have any other advice for me to get them to work besides changing to DX9 in the options, please let me know. STALKER games are some of my absolute most favorite games. I would love to experience them in VR.

Congo1986
    Participant

Got STALKER working on the Vive, for anyone else having Issues. Once again, a fairly simple fix, though maybe not super obvious. All you have to do is run VorpX in administrator mode. Works a charm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!