Not a single game attaches anymore

Homepage Forums Technical Support Not a single game attaches anymore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nightmare -_-
    Participant

Vorpx was working fine before. No problems whatsoever. All of a sudden today of all days not a single Vorpx game actually attaches. The closest I got was Titanfall 2 and Doom 2016, TF2 (for one time) ran on the desktop instead of the headset, and doom had the headset say “next up” in Steamvr while it was already running, then softlocked my entire PC and shut it down.

Every. Single. Game. does not attach. I made sure no antivirus software was blocking Vorpx and my settings were correct, and even tried deleting dxgi.dll files. All that happens is the little dialog box that says that it’s attaching stays there forever, I waited a really long time and still there it was.

I am not sure what in the world would cause something like this, I didn’t mess with Vorpx or mod anything since I last used it. It’s even stranger that I don’t really see any other people reporting something like this, it may even be me just making a simple mistake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If all of a sudden no game hooks anymore there must have something changed on your system that caused the issue.

Hooking issues almost always are conflicts with other programs on your PC. The by far most likely candidate would be some invasive third party AV program. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, consider to remove it for testing purposes. Some more annoying third party AV programs are difficult to disable. Windows Defender kicks in automatically, so there is no risk involved.

More details regarding other potential hooking conflicts can be found in the trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum.

Nightmare -_-
    Participant

quick update, I uninstalled openxr and I got Farcry 4 to run once, and then about a minute in it crashed and I am back to square one of no game working again.

Nightmare -_-
    Participant

Another update, not even sure what I am doing or if I am doing anything but some more games like L4D2 are just suddenly working, Titanfall 2 still has the issue though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!