Not detecting Xbox Controller

Homepage Forums Technical Support Not detecting Xbox Controller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drkaii
    Participant

Hi,

I’m going to do my best not to rant, but I am really frustrated. I am trying to play Skyrim (haven’t tested with other games), and as you of course know, VorpX has a wonderful Xbox controller configuration built in, so you can use keyboard and mouse in-game, but use the Xbox controller and set your own bindings.

Well ever since the last couple of updates, it very very often won’t detect the Xbox controller. I lose that menu screen in the Del-menu, and the game just doesn’t respond to Xbox controller input. It can happen several ways:

1. It just won’t find it from the start
    2. It will be fine until I do the Alt-L Direct VR setup
    3. It will be fine until just randomly it will lose it, literally.

Going out of my mind with this. Note that Oculus Touch is always detected, and the times it does work can be when they are on and when they are off, but, again, the times it doesn’t work is completely random.

Any advise at all will be of great pleasure.

I am using mods, it’s actually an Xbox Elite controller, and I have an i7 7700K and GTX 1080, if that helps.

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

With Direct VR enabled the gamepad works natively in Skyrim, hence the gamepad emulation is disabled as soon as Direct VR kicks in.

To use the gamepad with Direct VR, all you have to do normally is enabling it the Skyrim options menu. The major benefit of using Skyrim’s native gamepad handling is that it allows analog movement with the left thumbstick.

drkaii
    Participant

Hi I understand that but your emulation has hotkeys, so useful

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!