Not getting Vorpx to work for any games

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Not getting Vorpx to work for any games

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DigitalDaniel
    Participant

Hi.

I’ve set up my DK 2 properly. Works with other games like HL2, TF2 and all the other demoes. Got Vorpx because I want to try it out with Thief, Battlefield 4 and so on. I cannot figure out how this works at all. It says I’m supposed to press “DEL” for a menu. Nothing happens. Anyone feeling like helping a frustrated noob out ? :)

moarveer
    Participant

Haven’t tried those two games, sorry. Are you sure Vorpx is running, do you see the vorpx icon on the windows bar? You can create a shortcut from the Vorpx menu to make it work better. I hear that the are issues with Origin overlay, so try to turn it off for B4. Finally, since this has happened to me a few times, check that bloq num isn’t blocking your DEL button.

BentoFox
    Participant

Make sure that the Oculus Rift is set to EXTENDED MODE (not Direct Mode).
    When having done that, make sure that VorpX is running, indicated by the little info-bar icon.
    Also make sure that when you right click that icon, it says “Pause Watcher” (meaning that it’s currently turned on).

With all that done, start the game on the right monitor (the oculus monitor) and you should be good to go. :) It works for me at least

DigitalDaniel
    Participant

Yes. I’ve set Oculus to Extended Mode. Only thing that works in direct mode is the setup for Oculus (the desk with the cards). Everything else I need extended mode. Yeah, vorpx is running. After I read that I should run 32 bits versions of .exe I got it partially working. By that I mean that the menu that comes with the delete button is living it’s own life. Got it working a few times, then it’s not working anymore. I need to be able to hit that menu button to see text on HUD etc for full screen view.

But hey, at least I got some progress :)

moarveer
    Participant

Remember to also click the middle mouse button when you open the Vorpx options with DEL. That will start the edge peek mode and zoom out the screen, allowing you to config things more easily and look around the in game screen for things in the corners.

bdiepeveen
    Participant

I’m having similair issue’s but only with a few games,
    These games work for me :
    Fallout New Vegas
    FarCry 3 & Blood Dragon
    Mirrors Edge(but not steam version)
    Garry’s Mod
    DayZ
    Stalker Call of Pripyat(but shows a blackscreen can hear sounds tough)
    Battlefield 3
    Crysis 3
    F.E.A.R – wich launches with vorpx but runs on my normal screen not the rift even tough the rift is primary display.

Games that do not seem to trigger vorpx:
    Bioshock Infinite – the game launches but is not running via vorpx
    F.E.A.R 2 – Crashes at startup but briefly triggers vorpx.

dany1974
    Participant

Today I tried to run MW3 without success, runs ok with no Vorpx drivers, but as soon I enable it wont run, I can see less than a second the screen divided by vorpx then it crashed.
    I also tried all possible variation of configuration as display modes,etc no luck
    Im running on Win 8 64 bits, DK1, I even uninstall and install vorpx drivers

later on I will try on a win 8.1,32 bits

dany1974
    Participant

forgot to mention, I even uninstall NVidia vision and NVidia experience as stated on the vorpx TS, same result

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!